2024 NHL Draft Thread (CBJ to pick 4th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Unless he’s traded, I would see Voronkov as a lock. He has the size up front that the Jackets - and many teams - would love to have.
Exactly. I expect Brindley to be in the AHL (center or wing TBD) and I'm not really sure what to expect from Keskinen. I imagine another season overseas or coming over and competing in the AHL. From all reports he's done extremely well this season.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Forgot to mention Voronkov, Brindley and Keskinen. One of which will have a spot locked up and 2 others will be competing for a spot as soon as next season.

It's from the hockey writers, so grain of salt. But LDBB has been playing top line center for Cleveland who has been dominating in the playoffs so far. Obviously far from a lock but let's not act like he's not showing anything.
Like I said, I am high on LDBB.

Forgot? I’ll be convinced Voronkov is staying in Columbus when he signs his next contract and is dating a 21 year old Ohio girl. Brindley is another guy I like, but he is a middle six wing until proven otherwise. And Keskinen? Guess we can trade Fantilli and Marchenko because 7th rounders Keskinen and Angle have outplayed their draft positions.

Look, we have some great prospects, but they are prospects. How many times do we need to see promising prospects not pan out before people stop counting the chickens before they hatch?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Like I said, I am high on LDBB.

Forgot? I’ll be convinced Voronkov is staying in Columbus when he signs his next contract and is dating a 21 year old Ohio girl. Brindley is another guy I like, but he is a middle six wing until proven otherwise. And Keskinen? Guess we can trade Fantilli and Marchenko because 7th rounders Keskinen and Angle have outplayed their draft positions.

Look, we have some great prospects, but they are prospects. How many times do we need to see promising prospects not pan out before people stop counting the chickens before they hatch?
Calm down.

Nobody is counting chickens before they hatch. I was simply adding to the point that our center prospect pool is almost to the point of overflowing. Even if you take KJ and all of the proven NHLers out of the equation, we don't need to add multiple centers through the draft.

(Lindstrom?)

LDBB
Brindley
Malatesta
Keskinen
Pyyhtia
Mckown
Whitelaw
Peddle
Pinelli
McCue

Obviously majority of those players won't be 1/2C in the NHL, if they ever establish themselves in the NHL at all. But we have a lot darts to throw at the board, not everyone needs to be a bullseye.

Reactions: majormajor

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Tankathon has what I am hoping for for the Jacket’s first two rounds.

Lindstrom in the first and Emery in the second.

Let’s hire the Tankathon guy as the next GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad