2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We're likely going to have top 5 and 10 picks in each of the next two years, maybe the next 3. I assume we'll have a good opportunity where a d-man is BPA. As it stands now, it's likely that our 5 best assets (Celebrini, Smith, Eklund, Musty, and 14th will be dman). I don't want to reach, but we absolutely should go up and get our guy at 6-12 if he falls. We have the draft capital to do it. Leave the draft with a franchise C and a future 2-4 d-man who fits a need (RHD, size, PMD).

Alternatively use 14th on a winger, and take 2-3 shots at d-man at 33, 45, and 85. I'd honestly prefer to cash in all and go grab one of Silayev/Buium/Parekh/Levshunov.
You think Vegas finishes bottom 10 next year??

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just a heads up that some time later tonight, like probably after midnight once the posting pace has died down, I'm going to close up this thread and the Lottery GDT and launch a new Draft/Celebrini discussion thread.

Because a) this draft thread is over 4,000 posts and might be daunting for anyone showing up late to it, b) the other thread was a lottery GDT and the lottery is over, and c) we don't really need 2 threads about basically the same thing.

So if anyone has any stuff they really need to get into the current talking points of this and the other thread, now is the time to do it. You've probably got 4-5 hours on the clock for that.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Just a heads up that some time later tonight, like probably after midnight once the posting pace has died down, I'm going to close up this thread and the Lottery GDT and launch a new Draft/Celebrini discussion thread.

Because a) this draft thread is over 4,000 posts and might be daunting for anyone showing up late to it, b) the other thread was a lottery GDT and the lottery is over, and c) we don't really need 2 threads about basically the same thing.

So if anyone has any stuff they really need to get into the current talking points of this and the other thread, now is the time to do it. You've probably got 4-5 hours on the clock for that.

None of my business and just a suggestion, but if I was you, I would close down the “ preferred outcome…” as well, as that’s another place where discussions about what to do with the second first rounder is taking place and it’s really hard to keep up with everything going through 3 to 4 threats.

Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
None of my business and just a suggestion, but if I was you, I would close down the “ preferred outcome…” as well, as that’s another place where discussions about what to do with the second first rounder is taking place and it’s really hard to keep up with everything going through 3 to 4 threats.

yeah. that's a good call. There's a couple of threads about the Pens pick that can probably be consolidated into a new single Celebrini/draft megathread.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
My bad, man. I left off the :sarcasm: on my previous post about him becoming The Incredible Hulkibrini.

Regarding bone density versus age, here's a chart I found:
View attachment 868283

By eyeball it looks like about 22 or 23 is about as good as it's going to get according to that chart. You wanna just wait until then? or the other side of 20? That's two or three years for Macklin, 5 if you wait for maximum bone density, even tho it looks like that next pip is slightly higher, the one nearly to 40.

I feel like another year in NCAA won't help Hulkibrini's development as an NHLer at all. He won the Hobey Baker at 17, there's nothing left to prove there. Get him working with the Sharks' trainers and staff during the off-season. Get him working with Jumbo and Marleau ASAP.
Neat. What I was interested in. Not wanting another Milan or Tomas rookie injury year.
Probably should wait until 19. But 20 would be better. He may look the part, but the bone structure might not be there.

I think optimum would be bring him in after the NCAA season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad