2024 Draft Thread

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
With 6 picks in the first three rounds (3 in the second), I would offer a couple of the 2nd's and/or 3rd to move up as much as possible. Would rather a top-notch prospect than several good ones. Especially with the cap space and possibly Sarros as additional capital heading into the offseason.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
With 6 picks in the first three rounds (3 in the second), I would offer a couple of the 2nd's and/or 3rd to move up as much as possible. Would rather a top-notch prospect than several good ones. Especially with the cap space and possibly Sarros as additional capital heading into the offseason.
I share this sentiment. We have a deep pipeline of depth players in my opinion. We need to concentrate our picks to grow the upper crust of our prospect pool.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just don't think you could move up far enough to really make a difference? At least, you couldn't predict in advance that would be the case anyhow. It's not a great draft. I don't think you gain much by moving slightly earlier in the 2nd. Most of those players won't make it either, so you are better off throwing more darts at the board.

But that's in advance. For this draft. You can always keep an eye open to see if somebody you are really high on is falling later than you think he should, maybe there would be a specific case which arises that motivates moving up. But it would have to be on-the-floor.

Trading up #40 and #51 for L'Heureux at #27 is looking good. If there is something like that available it's worth a look, except since we don't have a pick as high as #40 this year, I'm not sure there will be similar opportunity. Trading two 50's picks for a 40ish pick isn't like to land us any "top-notch" type of prospect.

#47 and #147 last year to get Nilsson at #43 also wasn't giving up much, not sure that will amount to anything, but if you like the player and know another team is about to take them, it's also worthwhile if it's just losing a 5th rounder.

Reactions: Soundgarden

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Use those picks as part of package deals in trades. Look to get players that are in the 22-24 year age range that have potential for growth but are NHL ready or close to NHL ready. Or use them as pieces to add to hockey trades for better roster players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad