Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It's not just a lack of points, carrying the puck he looked like he was in panic mode. Game 7 against Toronto was one of the worst games I've seen a #1 defenseman have and he's lucky we got out of that without it costing us.

We were spoiled by watching Chara for so long, and Bourque before him. I suppose a lot of teams like the Leafs would love to have a guy like Mac anchoring their D. I'm just concerned about his ability to be the man in the postseason.

His game 7 last season against Florida was also one of the worst games I’ve seen a marquee dman play

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
Maybe it’s time to clean house. Trade players for younger players & draft picks. This year we have no 1st or 2nd round pick. I understand why but obviously it has not worked. I know it would never happen but try to get Brady Tkchuck from Ottawa.The kid is 10 times tougher then his brother and just as good.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I want a nice big 3rd line with Coyle Freddy and another big body. But I absolutely despite fake tough guy clowns like Maroon and hate how slow out 4th line was. 2 years in a row we lost to a team full of fake tough guys bc Donnie added scum like Maroon and Hathaway thinking he needed that to win in the playoffs.

I would LOVE to have a younger speed/skill 4th line that we roll out there and is harder to defend with Poitras with Lysell or Merkulov and then someone fast and good defensively. We aren't going to goon our way to a title.
Lawson Crouse would be a great fit. Just don’t see Yotes dealing him

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This is the most likely scenario as I see it as well. Any idea on what the cap looks like under this scenario? E. Lindholm for $9M ?
I doubt he has Lindholm that high to make this roster work.

I figure he has Dillon for around 4m and Swayman at 8.

If that's the case Lindholm has to be around 7 or 7.5 to make this roster work.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Is it reasonable to think they could sign Stephenson, Debrusk, and Bertuzzi all for about 5 to 5.5? If that works, figure Sway around 7 to 7.5 and I think that works with everything else we have. I think we need a guy like Bert in the top 6 because we have very little sandpaper up there, without him or bringing back Maroon or someone like him our guys are gonna be the nail most nights again next year.

And I’ve liked Bahl from Jersey in several other discussions, probably with a couple draft picks for Ullmark.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Package Pasta for an elite D-man or #1 center
Do you think there is much of a market for RW, that has less than 150 goals the last 3years, not sure he will bring back much in return, would have to be a big package.....................BRILLIANT!! f***N !!! BRILLIANT !!!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
He didn't decide not to fix that hole, he had little assets to trade for 2 top 6 centers, no top draft picks, and little cap space to sign UFAs.

What did you want him to do?

Ullmark last offseason would've worked as the centerpiece of a deal to bring back a Top 6 C.

Reigning Vezina winner with 2 years left at only $5m and he only had an NTC then not the full NMC. Especially when you package him with another piece like Grzelcyk

Reactions: DaBroons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad