Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Oh please let him leave thank you

I really don't like JBB's response here when talking about the state of the team. He mentioned we had the third best record in the league after the half way point of the season as proof that "we can have sustained success with this group", or something of that nature.

Nonsense. If he truly believes this then I hope he's replaced in the very near future. This group, as currently constructed, is winning zero Cups. If he doesn't realize this then it's time for him to go. I'm really hoping this was just a fluff GM answer just to get through the interview.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Blashill leaves for one of the open head coaching positions (Seattle, New Jersey, San Jose, Toronto, Winnipeg, Los Angeles-still has an interim head coach), who would you want as a replacement?

Here are some available former head coaches:

Jay Woodcroft
Dean Evason
Bruce Boudreau
Craig Berube
Gerard Gallant
Dallas Eakins
Don Granato
Sheldon Keefe
Dave Hakstol
Todd McLellan

Coop was on a staff with McLellan, Gallant, and Dave Tippett for the 2016 World Cup
Gallant and Hakstol were both assistants for Coop at the 2017 World Championships
Halpern is getting attention as well.

Ryan Warsofsky had some 'future NHL head coach' buzz a few years ago. Buffalo might be a good spot for him, if he doesn't stay in SJ. Ruff is one of the older coaches in the league, so adding some younger assistants makes sense.

The only coaches on this list that I could really see as an NHL assistant next season would be Eakins, and maybe Granato.

Dan Girardi may become available.

edit: Scott Walker, Derek Laxdal

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I really don't like JBB's response here when talking about the state of the team. He mentioned we had the third best record in the league after the half way point of the season as proof that "we can have sustained success with this group", or something of that nature.

Nonsense. If he truly believes this then I hope he's replaced in the very near future. This group, as currently constructed, is winning zero Cups. If he doesn't realize this then it's time for him to go. I'm really hoping this was just a fluff GM answer just to get through the interview.
Yep this team is no where close to a cup right now they would need a top 4 defenseman and two top 6 forwards and we don’t have cap space for all of that

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yep this team is no where close to a cup right now they would need a top 4 defenseman and two top 6 forwards and we don’t have cap space for all of that
They need 1 top 4 dman and 1 top 6 forward maybe, or maybe 2 better depth forwards. The cap can be made to work for the top 4 dman and probably a solid middle 6 F, or a better top 6 F and more lower end 2nd pairing/higher end 3rd pairing dman. Of course, until.Stamkos is signed we won't know exactly, but regardless, if Sheary and Jeannot aren't moved (maybe Perbix as well), then yeah, they won't have the slave for more than Stamkos and one maybe 2.5-3 million F or D.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $950.00