Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2023-2024

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh, and Dickinson looked very good. Scored one goal, but looked very composed, and competent. Big, too. He's already quite strong ... stronger than a guy like Kumpu, who looks really tall, btw.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

First thought is that he is looking unlikely to make our team and wants to play in the NHL somewhere else, and that his little Iowa stint this spring was hopefully an appeal to show other teams. But then we would trade him versus voiding the contract.

Comments in that tweet and Russo's are saying he is just planning to go back to Russia and play there from now on. I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not seeing anything anywhere (admittedly I did not look very hard). I'm assuming an Athletic Article will come out about it soon enough.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
First thought is that he is looking unlikely to make our team and wants to play in the NHL somewhere else, and that his little Iowa stint this spring was hopefully an appeal to show other teams. But then we would trade him versus voiding the contract.

Comments in that tweet and Russo's are saying he is just planning to go back to Russia and play there from now on. I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not seeing anything anywhere (admittedly I did not look very hard). I'm assuming an Athletic Article will come out about it soon enough.
If true, bro played less than 20 AHL games and quit twice. Good riddance.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Lindberg, Mennell, Firstov, McBain, Fiala, Nesterenko have all given up on Minnesota. None of them have really any significance in the long run, but you have to wonder...

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Lindberg, Mennell, Firstov, McBain, Fiala, Nesterenko have all given up on Minnesota. None of them have really any significance in the long run, but you have to wonder...
Marshall Warren also signed with the Islanders.

That said, other than Fiala, which was unfortunately due to cap issues rather than player quality, not really big losses.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That said, other than Fiala, which was unfortunately due to cap issues rather than player quality, not really big losses.

Getting rid of Fiala was due to cap issues in the same way that I choose to keep an expired block of cheese and throw out my two hour old leftover filet mignon due to fridge space issues

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Fiala and Mennell were more team choices.

Not really; Fiala made it known he didn't want to stick around and Guerin threw a temper tantrum with Mennell.

Marshall Warren also signed with the Islanders.

I don't know much about Warren but he was like a super senior that the Wild passed on. I don't remember any real strong quotes about him not wanting to sign in Minnesota.

McBain is a decent 3rd/4rd line guy. I'd pick him over Lettieri or Lucchini.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not really; Fiala made it known he didn't want to stick around and Guerin threw a temper tantrum with Mennell.

I don't know much about Warren but he was like a super senior that the Wild passed on. I don't remember any real strong quotes about him not wanting to sign in Minnesota.

McBain is a decent 3rd/4rd line guy. I'd pick him over Lettieri or Lucchini.
I don't recall this at all.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't recall this at all.

Taking the one year contract and going through arbitration, picking only LA to be traded to, Fiala didn't seem interested in sticking around since the money wasn't there and Guerin wasn't going to do anything to free up the money - like you know, trading Dumba.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Taking the one year contract and going through arbitration, picking only LA to be traded to, Fiala didn't seem interested in sticking around since the money wasn't there and Guerin wasn't going to do anything to free up the money - like you know, trading Dumba.
Fiala wanted to be here. It was Guerin who made it obvious that he wasn’t valued here long term.

Reactions: AKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad