What is the team's biggest roadblock to make the playoffs next season?

What needs to improve the most or is the biggest roadblock?

• Continuous improvement of the special teams

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • Improved secondary scoring

Votes: 101 46.5%
  • Defense and ability to defend a lead

Votes: 50 23.0%
  • Division

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Coaching staff

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • More success in OT/SO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 on 5 play

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 32 14.7%

• Total voters

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It's true that this team fought like hell. Pointlessly and for a 5th worst finish. In terms of counting stats there's nothing that this team does well. Bottom 10 in PK, PP, GF, GA, SA, SF. Maybe fancy stats say we're just extremely unlucky.
In 5on5 GF% we went from being ranked 28th (44.1%) to 26th (44.8%) to 18th (49.4%) in the league.

We've been steadily giving up less goals and scoring more goals. It's a trend that's likely to continue into next year. Special teams really sunk us last season, which isn't too surprising because it's not something that they've spent a lot of time at practice actually working on since the focus was on improving 5 on 5 play.

Reactions: StCaufield

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Other - Goaltending.

And I'll freely admit I'm biased...or at least, conditionned to think like this as a Hab fan. But as far back I can remember following this team, we've always relied on exceptional goaltending to manage anything. This was true with Roy....than Theodore in his run where he got the hart....Halak got hot in 2010...and Price was great for his career.

So for me - it feelds weird being able to do anything without stellar goaltending. So I think that's what's missing the most.

Not sure Montembeault or Primeau are good enough.

Reactions: zeeto

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The goal is the Cup not sneaking into the playoffs.
Kind of similar to single dating days right? if you're not getting layed guaranteed,why bother going out in the first place right.:phew:

The league and hockey changed, he put his faith in his gm, his gm was wrong, he hired a "modern" manager. Dynasties are rare now, we have to accept it.
Change is inevitable, some things change for the better,some change for the worse,doesn't mean one has to like it.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Kind of similar to single dating days right? if you're not getting layed guaranteed,why bother going out in the first place right.:phew:
Dear Lord I cannot help you if you cannot differentiate between having a goal of winning a cup or a goal of making the playoffs. Sorry for your luck. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00