Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Edmonton played their best most balanced game of the series. In their barn. In a defacto must win situation. With acceptable goaltending. And still almost f'd it up.

I'm not sure why Edm fans and their catty allies from other salty Canadian fanbases are getting so high and mighty.
lol why are you hanging your hat on "almost"

Who won?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Realize most won't read it and just default to can't defend, powerplay merchant and product of McDrai

However, for the reasonable fan.. this is a great read with lots of stats and comparisona to Hughes. Very fairetrics used to compare them

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Realize most won't read it and just default to can't defend, powerplay merchant and product of McDrai

However, for the reasonable fan.. this is a great read with lots of stats and comparisona to Hughes. Very fairetrics used to compare them

I think the biggest criticism has been that he’s a product of Ekholm, as #14 has been the reason that Bouchard can be deployed as much as he has. But last game was the first time that he looked like an all-around elite defenceman regardless of who he was paired with.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

He has impressed. Excellent player regardless if playing with elite players. His younger defensive mistakes have really lessened too this season and including the playoffs. Has a bright future infront of him

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

Bouchard has been very good. I ragged on him in the LA series but I've been very impressed this series.

I still don't totally love the Hughes comps b/c Hughes is the best player on his team (and is the #1 target of other teams), whereas Bouchard is probably 5th for the Oilers. But you can't deny that he's been incredible in his role, and not as soft or bad defensively as I've criticized him for in the past. That's for sure. He's been great.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
If you put either Silovs or Desmith in Edmontons net , they wouldn't be difference makers. It's the Canucks structure that allows these goalies to hang in there.
By metrics, edmonton had one of the best defenses in the league. Stuart skinner pisted a solid season behind them and career minor league journeyman calvin pickard posted an above league average sv% with edmontons defense

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the biggest criticism has been that he’s a product of Ekholm, as #14 has been the reason that Bouchard can be deployed as much as he has. But last game was the first time that he looked like an all-around elite defenceman regardless of who he was paired with.
Which he may be. He wouldn't be the first Dman that Ekholm has mentored and they became a much better player. Its the one reason I didn't want to see him traded. He can literally play with anyone and will most of the time make them better.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Edmonton was projected to win by 23/24 ESPN experts. And many predicted in 4 or 5. I don't think its about diminishing or bashing EDM.

Edmonton was definitely the favourite coming in, and I also think they should've been, but I do agree that more credit should've been given to Vancouver.
Did any of those people actually predict 4 games? I don't remember seeing that. I don't think many predicted 5 either. Lots of 6s and 7s.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

So Hughs isn't playing very good. Petterson isn't playing good at all. And Demko hasn't even played a game. And yet the series is tied.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Not saying Pettersson is McDavid or Draisaitl by any means…but Pettersson and Miller are supposed to be the Canucks’ two best forwards. Imagine if one of McDavid or Draisaitl wasn’t producing offensively for the Oilers.

Time is running out for Pettersson and the Canucks imo. They’re fortunate to have gotten this far with he and his wingers doing basically jackshit.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bouchard has been very good. I ragged on him in the LA series but I've been very impressed this series.

I still don't totally love the Hughes comps b/c Hughes is the best player on his team (and is the #1 target of other teams), whereas Bouchard is probably 5th for the Oilers. But you can't deny that he's been incredible in his role, and not as soft or bad defensively as I've criticized him for in the past. That's for sure. He's been great.
I'd argue third...

McD
Drai
Bouch
Hyman
RNH

Kane

Good point on Hughes... I do think Hughes is better ftr.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hyman hasn't been as dangerous as I thought he would be in this series.
His .ppg went up from the regular season to the playoffs. 11 points in 9 games in playoffs and 77 points in 80 playoff games. 3 points in 4 games against Vancouver. Been quiet last 2 though but he seems to be consistent with his regular season.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
A work buddy showed me a facebook video of McDavid press conference thing where he says Canucks have never won shit and he can't wait for Oilers to beat them and that they are thinking of Dallas already. Basically trashing them like an HFBoarder. Obviously a deep fake, but it was hilarious.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
A work buddy showed me a facebook video of McDavid press conference thing where he says Canucks have never won shit and he can't wait for Oilers to beat them and that they are thinking of Dallas already. Basically trashing them like an HFBoarder. Obviously a deep fake, but it was hilarious.
Someone show the Canucks! Tell them it’s real, lol.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
His .ppg went up from the regular season to the playoffs. 11 points in 9 games in playoffs and 77 points in 80 playoff games. 3 points in 4 games against Vancouver. Been quiet last 2 though but he seems to be consistent with his regular season.
He had a good game one. Last 3 games not too much of a factor. He got a random assist on that McDavid break away. Bouch has been a lot better than him. McDavid and Dria are a given .

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad