Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Canucks are underdogs for a reason. Edm has been better for most of the series, although it should be concerning playing their big dogs a ton and it only being 2-2. Will be interesting to see how the canucks respond, they were complete ass last game.

3 high danger chances last game. Gross

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
No, the series is tied because Vancouver was shooting on Stuart Skinner. The entire league knows this, why try that hard to convince yourself otherwise?

The Canucks just came off a series win against Jussi Saros. Who was in net for the King's. I don't even know

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
1) My goalie eyes? :laugh:I've played goal since I was 5, not that that matters. You don't need to play the position to know the difference between Silovs and Demko. You just need to be an objective thinker.
2) I'm not a Canucks fan.

Vezina-quality goaltending? I mean, he's been good, but 14 GA in four games (including 8 in the first two) is not phenomenal in anyone's eyes. His performance under tough conditions is admirable, but "Vezina quality"? Really?

If you don't think things would be a lot different with Demko playing, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
You keep repeating that you're not a Canucks fan but your stance in this thread, at least from what I see today, seems strictly pro-Canucks so why is it relevant?

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I was told that Pettersson was a top 5 player in the NHL and better than Draisaitl.

I want a refund. Man, what a horrendous contract that is looking like already.
Heard the same BS about Miller. Petterson was sick during the Nashville series. He's streaky. He can literally take over games. You better hope that he continues to be very ordinary

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Canucks are underdogs for a reason. Edm has been better for most of the series, although it should be concerning playing their big dogs a ton and it only being 2-2. Will be interesting to see how the canucks respond, they were complete ass last game.

3 high danger chances last game. Gross
The Canucks are underdogs. But they are a deeper team.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Heard the same BS about Miller. Petterson was sick during the Nashville series. He's streaky. He can literally take over games. You better hope that he continues to be very ordinary
maybe miller can pass some heart over to petey cause he could use some.

its like petey and ryan mcleod are playing a game of on ice hide and seek

one of my favorite parts of the game was when foolsun jumped up to hit ekholm and didnt have the hockey sense to see 97 and 93 coming at them lolololol snipe -1 for the video game addicted press box d lol

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Why is this nebulous take so important to you to stress?

Does the likelihood of Vancouver taking the series increase because you reiterate it?

Oh no, Brookbank thinks he has a deeper team, I guess that's bad right?
yeah but they are DEEP

deep trouble

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The Canucks are underdogs. But they are a deeper team.
The Canucks are:

1. Underdogs
2. Deeper team
3. Better defensive system
4. Missing their starting goalie who is also the greatest goalie ever
5. Missing their star Swede who appears not to care much about winning
6. Fighting against a decades long conspiracy orchestrated by Gary himself to have the refs screw them
7. Weren't even supposed to be this good from the start of the season
8. Won ALL FOUR GAMES against the Oilers in the regular season

Anything else?

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
The Canucks are:

1. Underdogs
2. Deeper team
3. Better defensive system
4. Missing their starting goalie who is also the greatest goalie ever
5. Missing their star Swede who appears not to care much about winning
6. Fighting against a decades long conspiracy orchestrated by Gary himself to have the refs screw them
7. Weren't even supposed to be this good from the start of the season
8. Won ALL FOUR GAMES against the Oilers in the regular season

Anything else?
9. Playing a 3rd string goalie
10. Oilers barely beat them when the Canucks play their worst last night

Brookbank has an actual encyclopedia of excuses and coping mechanisms.

You love to see it.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Calling him a third string no longer pushes your narrative.
What? It's nothing to do with a narrative. He's the third stringer. A Vezina finalist is injured. That's a fact.

Silovs has been praised on every panel and talk show for his level of play this series, as everyone can see that he's keeping Vancouver in games on his own. Fooling yourself into believing otherwise is pure cope.
Let me try this again. Read slowly, so you can follow along. No one is saying he isn't playing well, or costing the Canucks the series. The argument is there is a big difference between Silovs and Demko. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that.

I mean, Vancouver was one bounce away from going up 3-1 last night with a third-stringer. Again, not narrative. Fact.

Thank your lucky stars your team
Not my team at all.

has been shooting on the worst playoff goaltender to lace them on since 2005. Talk about a gift.
I'm not sure what this even means. The Oilers don't have any other options, because they have trash goaltending. Are you surprised? It's Skinner, Pickard or Campbell. Pick your poison. Any casual fan knows the Oilers are an offensive juggernaut who can outscore shitty goaltending. Are you really surprised?

Reactions: Bgav

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Mcdavid had no shots in the first game for 12+ million.

I wonder what the money line was in a bet that Mcdavid would get no shots on net in a playoff game was.

Numbers don't lie bruh
I'm this series the two are not even in the same conversation my dude. Come on

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
What numbers ? In the previous game, high dangers were equal in the third period. Despite the Oilers allegedly dominating in a shinny kind of way.

The Oilers are better at shinny. But this is the NHL. There's no way in hell by numbers or eyes , that the Oilers are the better structured and defensively sound team. Which is why the series is tied.

Haha nice qualifier with “last game they were equal……in the third”.

If you also include the other 3 games and the other two periods the high dangers are 35-24……which is incredible considering all that “structure” the Canucks.

This isn't shinny.

The Canucks are clearly the more defensively sound and structured team.

The Oilers are look like the Boudreu Canucks out there. And Woody tried to get them to learn how to play a defensive system and get got fired fot it.

Haha you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
You keep repeating that you're not a Canucks fan but your stance in this thread, at least from what I see today, seems strictly pro-Canucks so why is it relevant?
Because Canuck fans aren't saying "your team" or "your goalie" when replying to my posts? :huh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Canucks have been so good this season at just throwing random shit on net whenever they desperately need a goal and having it bounce off of two sticks, an ankle, and somebody's left nut on the way to the net. Makes me wonder why they don't just do it all the time and only resort to it "when they're trying" or whatever.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
Would that be the same Saros who had worse regular season numbers than Stuart Skinner?

Bravo, I guess. Seems like quite the achievement.

P.S. Both L.A. goalies had superior numbers to Saros this season ;)
This I agree with. I don't understand all that Saros love. He's good, but certainly not a world-beater by any means.

Norman99

Oct 25, 2019
I mean, Vancouver was one bounce away from going up 3-1 last night with a third-stringer. Again, not narrative. Fact.
If, if, if. But, but, but….Van fans just can’t stop!

There’s just as many of these alternate universe scenarios that could have gone the Oilers way too. How many posts did they hit in game 3? If, if, but, but…

Just stop with it, it doesn’t change or prove anything.

As the saying goes, “If my mother had balls, she’d be my father…..”

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
If, if, if. But, but, but….Van fans just can’t stop!

There’s just as many of these alternate universe scenarios that could have gone the Oilers way too. How many post did they hit in game 3? If, if, but, but…

Just stop with it, it doesn’t change or prove anything.

As the saying goes, “If my mother had balls, she’d be my father…..”
No one can accuse Canuck fans of being bad story tellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad