Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Edmonton played their best most balanced game of the series. In their barn. In a defacto must win situation. With acceptable goaltending. And still almost f'd it up.

I'm not sure why Edm fans and their catty allies from other salty Canadian fanbases are getting so high and mighty.
I mean two can play at that game.

Vancouver has had most of the bounces go their way the entire series but only have a tied series to show for it.

Not sure what you're trying to convince everyone of.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Your team has been dominated both by eye and by the numbers in three straight games now. Everyone sees that the Oilers are the clear-cut superior team who have been let down by a historically bad choker in net. Only Canucks fans continue to delude themselves into thinking this series should be tied.
Not an ounce of respect coming from the Oilers fans. Keep it up.

The Oilers have won 2 of 8 games against the Canucks.

The Canucks have their worst game of the series and the Oilers have their best , yet it was 2/2 in the third. But hey , clear cut superior team bro.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Looks like I got my prediction of an Oilers W in a one goal game (even though I predicted a 5-4 final).

This has got to be the series of the playoffs so far. Every game being a one goal difference that could have given either way. I hope the media outside Canada won't downplay it just because it features two Canadian teams.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Funny how the nucks fans keep bringing that up.

I would like to realy see a good clean video which trully shows the crosscheck to the face. All the ones I have seen so far are videos where Nucks fans see one thing, Oilers fans see another thing, i.e. not clear.
Uh, I'm not a "Nucks fan."

It sure as hell looks like the face to me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say throat. Is it still dirty?

Soucy cross checks McDavid in face as he's falling: suspension
Hyman cross checks Zadorov in face (for Canuck fans) or throat (for Oiler fans): Crickets

Bit of a double standard, no?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

Vancouver has had most of the bounces go their way the entire series but only have a tied series to show for it.

Did you really think the series was going to end last night and the Canucks would go up 3/1 just like that ?

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023

The Canucks have their worst game of the series and the Oilers have their best , yet it was 2/2 in the third. But hey , clear cut superior team bro.
Eyes may fail us, but numbers don't lie.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Your team has been dominated both by eye and by the numbers in three straight games now. Everyone sees that the Oilers are the clear-cut superior team who have been let down by a historically bad choker in net. Only Canucks fans continue to delude themselves into thinking this series should be tied.
:laugh: You're playing a third string goalie and struggled to tie the series last night, even with the "average" goaltending Oiler fans have been whining about constantly.

Thank your lucky stars the Vezina calibre goalie wasn't healthy this series. Talk about a gift.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Edmonton played their best most balanced game of the series. In their barn. In a defacto must win situation. With acceptable goaltending. And still almost f'd it up.

I'm not sure why Edm fans and their catty allies from other salty Canadian fanbases are getting so high and mighty.

It’s interesting you post the first and then cry about respect from oiler fans

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Was great game last night with lots of late game drama. Series is 2-2 that could go either way. Enjoyed games, star power, and this has been closest matched teams in 2nd rd. Kinda sweet to it's to see 2-2 series (Except Canucks fans). Should make for an interesting finish and game 5's are very cool.

Wouldn't mind seeing either team skating with"Stanley Cup", enjoy good series Oilers & Canucks fans. If Dallas wins, we'll most likely be pulling for West during SCF in our house.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Oilers fans, how has pickard played this season ?

He's played quite well. Strong compete/scramble level, good positionally, fast post to post, communicates with D well,... suffers from being small and his rebound control can be... hmm... initially bad, but always good second efforts with the stick/cover/scramble. Anticipates well.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

I guess you forgot game 2, where mcdavid high sticked hughes in the face and should have gotten 4 mins. then in ot, oilers score one of the flukiest/shittiest goals of the entire playoffs.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I wonder if Pettersson looks in the mirror and still says he won't stick around if the team isn't competitive

Without any irony

4 points. A -2 and absolutely invisible throughout almost every game in the playoffs so far.

But hey, $11.6 million per year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think the 'nucks should be fined by the league.

Like a cat toying with a mouse, it's cruel to watch them take the series lead only to let the oil back in.

Pretending they don't care for two periods then erase a two goal deficit. Only to let the oil take the win to once again tie the series.

Fine them. Or suspend one of their defenceman at least.
Please, suspend Ceci, I’m begging you.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Uh, I'm not a "Nucks fan."

It sure as hell looks like the face to me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say throat. Is it still dirty?

Soucy cross checks McDavid in face as he's falling: suspension
Hyman cross checks Zadorov in face (for Canuck fans) or throat (for Oiler fans): Crickets

Bit of a double standard, no?

OK, so what you are saying is that, Hyman crosschecked Zadarov to the throat so badly that, accordingly to Tocchet, he needed stiches to his face (close to his eyes?).... Woow, that stick must be magic.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Wait till #97 or #29 leaves Edmonton, then the word out of Edmonton is that they are soft and weak, can't lead their team or even produce without each other.

Lol... what!?!?

We did this with Gretzky and Messier did we? Oiler fans still with a hate on for those guys... showing up constantly in the history of hockey thread to say how bad they were?

Man-o-man... you can't make this stuff up (well actually you did). Grasping at straw man after straw man.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I wonder if Pettersson looks in the mirror and still says he won't stick around if the team isn't competitive

Without any irony

4 points. A -2 and absolutely invisible throughout almost every game in the playoffs so far.

But hey, $11.6 million per year.
Mcdavid had no shots in the first game for 12+ million.

I wonder what the money line was in a bet that Mcdavid would get no shots on net in a playoff game was.

Numbers don't lie bruh

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I guess you forgot game 2, where mcdavid high sticked hughes in the face and should have gotten 4 mins. then in ot, oilers score one of the flukiest/shittiest goals of the entire playoffs.
What about the missed high stick on hyman in the first during that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad