• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Jesus some of the Stars fans on the main board are weird.

Like they're arguing that them not having Hintz tonight is "basically the same as the Avs not having Nichushkin"...and uh...it's not.

If Hintz were playing like his usual self, then yeah, maybe, but he hadn't been, and meanwhile we all know what Nichushkin does for this lineup. It's not the same. But sure, we're the delusional ones lol
I think some of them might still see Nichushkin when he played with Dallas because that's the only explanation. The hate from one specific fan towards Nuke is also weird though.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Like they're arguing that them not having Hintz tonight is "basically the same as the Avs not having Nichushkin"...and uh...it's not.

If Hintz were playing like his usual self, then yeah, maybe, but he hadn't been, and meanwhile we all know what Nichushkin does for this lineup. It's not the same. But sure, we're the delusional ones lol

Nichushkin is 1st in the NHL in playoff goals this year. 9 goals. Hintz has 2.

Such an open and shut case, but you can't debate with idiots.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
IDK Hintz certainly hasn't been his norm... but he occupies one of the most important positions on the ice and he's been unlucky quite a bit in the playoffs. He's a huge loss for them.
I've no doubt nor question that he occupies one of the most important positions. But I was strictly speaking about these playoffs, and he hasn't been quite right. DeBoer all but admitted he's been dealing with an injury that had obviously hampered him (so more than the "all players play through stuff" severity).

In a vacuum of importance for these playoffs, Nichushkin had been more important.

But it's not even an excuse because the whole team still had been so utterly inept that they deserve to be 1-3 right now.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Texans. Just drop a ‘bless your heart’ on them and nope out

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I wouldn't put it on the same level of as Nuke, but don't underestimate the importance of centers. He's a big loss.

Finally Dallas experiences an injury. There's something in the water in Dallas...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I mean Hintz was phenomenal in game 2 for the Stars, and even if he hasn't played up to his capabilities that's still a guy who is WAY better than Radek Faksa and has the wheels to play against MacKinnon on any given shift.

It's a huge downgrade

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I've no doubt nor question that he occupies one of the most important positions. But I was strictly speaking about these playoffs, and he hasn't been quite right. DeBoer all but admitted he's been dealing with an injury that had obviously hampered him (so more than the "all players play through stuff" severity).

In a vacuum of importance for these playoffs, Nichushkin had been more important.

But it's not even an excuse because the whole team still had been so utterly inept that they deserve to be 1-3 right now.
In this series, Hintz has the highest xgf% for the Stars.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
This team is so ridiculous. They know nobody believes the illness bullshit about Toews but will shamelessly push that line and make it their formal stance. Anything to avoid the NHL coming down on them for playing a guy with clear concussion symptoms.
Fvck the NHL! Toews has a concussion and the NHL failed to punish the player who gave it to him.

And sadly Bednar's team failed to extract payment for that play. Johnston should be wearing a cast on one or more of his limbs right now.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The one that kills me the most is when Byram clearly got concussed, finished the game, and was then out for months. A kid with known concussion issues...
My favourite was EJ in the bubble. Injured in the first, god knows what they did to him in the intermission, back out in the second and takes one hit before going off the ice at a speed like Johansen towing a caravan.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This team is so ridiculous. They know nobody believes the illness bullshit about Toews but will shamelessly push that line and make it their formal stance. Anything to avoid the NHL coming down on them for playing a guy with clear concussion symptoms.

Honestly, the NHL should do something about not only playing them, but lying about their injury to the media. That makes the whole thing much worse and shows intent rather than negligence.

It's 2024 and they seem to have learned nothing from Eric Lindros.

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Honestly, the NHL should do something about not only playing them, but lying about their injury to the media. That makes the whole thing much worse and shows intent rather than negligence.

It's 2024 and they seem to have learned nothing from Eric Lindros.
Not only that but it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. So stupid

Reactions: Foppa2118

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Toews isn't that type. I'm 99% sure he told the team he was seeing stars and they told him to suck it up, they need him, blah blah blah. This is the Avs mafia. "We just gave you a huge contract extension, we're down players already, we need you, let's go Devon"
I know you have a better feel for the pulse of the organization than I, but are they really like that? I mean, I know they were in the old days with enforcers. But with how long our guys seem to be out for every little thing, I always assumed that we were one of the more cautious teams when it came to injuries now.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's going to be hilarious tonight when Makar, Rantanen, and MacKinnon all have 3 points each, but Georgiev allows 5 on 23 shots and the game has to go to OT. You lot heard it first here.
How's it going to OT if the score is 5-3? You just know all of those points will be connected to the same three goals.

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not only that but it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. So stupid

I keep thinking that about all the hits to the head that go unpunished.

Every time they let someone like Jamie Benn skate into a hit, leave both feet, and extend his body upward to target the head, and have the refs watch the replay and rescind the penalty, or when they let Trouba viciously slash a guy in the head for just a $5k fine, I hope the lawyer for the players in the concussion lawsuits uses that against the NHL.

They say they care about cutting down on head shots, but their actions defy their words. Their words will mean nothing in court, but their actions will. That will work heavily against them. I don't understand how they're ok with that.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I keep thinking that about all the hits to the head that go unpunished.

Every time they let someone like Jamie Benn skate into a hit, leave both feet, and extend his body upward to target the head, and have the refs watch the replay and rescind the penalty, or when they let Trouba viciously slash a guy in the head for just a $5k fine, I hope the lawyer for the players in the concussion lawsuits uses that against the NHL.

They say they care about cutting down on head shots, but their actions defy their words. Their words will mean nothing in court, but their actions will. That will work heavily against them. I don't understand how they're ok with that.
In the future it will look absolutely deranged that the NHL just let headshots happen almost every game. Kinda like if you're a wrestling fan and look back to the pre Chris Benoit era when everyone was taking shots to the head. I hope hockey doesn't need a concussion driven murder-suicide to change things. You can't ever take all the danger out of hockey, but at least call the blatant ones.

Reactions: GeoRox89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Treat game six like a road game and keep the team in a hotel. With everything that happened on Monday in Denver you have to isolate them and hope for the best. There is a slim chance they win the next two but the next shift mentality needs to be present.
Want to say there was a HC in the 90s that did that fairly regularly, maybe Pat Quinn?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hope it was him if we go that way. He came very close to having a team come back from down 3-1 twice in the same playoff run
I know everyone has their HHOF hangups, one of mine is that Patrick Quinn wasn't inducted until two years after his death. This is a man who should have been in the HHOF while alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad