Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Sheesh, I'm twisting myself into pretzels trying to understand how it could possibly be interpreted that Stastney "turned" there. Like what? The fact that there have been not one but two attempts in this thread to put this train of thought out there is baffling. Like damn, it was a dirty hit that had numbers all the way :huh:
Did you ever play?

• Haha
Reactions: Mass

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Close! But that's a bit better than how I got to WTG. I think I used to go under BoHorvat53 or something like that.

Win Da Turd
Win The Third
Win The Game
WTG
Delete
The
And take credit :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: WTG

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It's a much better backstory that's for sure :laugh:
Although I am quite happy to have WTG, kind of like the ring of it
I'm happy with pretty much everything today. I did 10k on the treadmill and got off at 3-1 Nashville. So rapid improvement! 🥰

Reactions: WTG

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
drstrange-canucks.jpg

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
As a Nucks fan, I have no issue with that goal.

There’s no kicking motion, and it’s a good goal.
My understanding is that kicking motion is fine, as long as the skate does not leave the ice? Is that the rule change?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yikes. I can confidently say that even I would have hit that empty netter.

Oh well, guess they have already reserved the golf course.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Epic comeback.
Epic Preds choke-job.
Epic karma for the kicked in goal that shoudn't have counted. Skate was on the ice, but the skate was moved in a kicking motion that propelled the puck in the net, not just deflected.
Epic blown coverage by the Preds on the OT goal.

Massive win!!!!

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Haven’t been watching the games.. what’s with VAN’s shot total? Are they playing well and it’s not showing up on shot totals, is that the Canucks system, anyone help a brother out? My mind wants to think they’re getting lucky with the lack of shots, but don’t want to assume because i haven’t watched their games

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Haven’t been watching the games.. what’s with VAN’s shot total? Are they playing well and it’s not showing up on shot totals, is that the Canucks system, anyone help a brother out? My mind wants to think they’re getting lucky with the lack of shots, but don’t want to assume because i haven’t watched their games
Similar to the oilers winning last night with only 13 shots. Limit high danger chances and have the elite skill advantage, who will score on less opportunities.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Watched the highlights a few times now just to make sure it wasn’t just a dream 😆
A few things:
1. Kudos to the coaching staff for putting Zadarov in front of the net on the game tying goal. Both Nashville players were covering Big Z which left Boeser free to work his magic.
2. Hughes is such a warrior. Was targeted all game and then in the last 3 minutes helped orchestrate both goals. Kids got heart!
3. Still trying to figure out how Lindholm was so alone in front for the OT winner. Looks like O’Rielly left his man to go behind the net. Not the guy you’d expect to make such a huge defensive mistake.
Edit: Just watched the OT goal again. Ian Cole comes in from the point and Lindholm pretends that he’s going back to the point cover for him but then instead drifts back to the front of the net and no one sees him. Smart play!

Last edited:

Doctor Coffin

This may hurt a bit...
May 23, 2013
Limit high danger chances and have the elite skill advantage, who will score on less opportunities.
The yellow team inexplicably leaving said multiple opponents 3 on none goalside as the defenders overcommit and go for a synchronized swim (3rd goal) and then lolling around the boards keeping the slot wide open early in overtime for an easy tap-in is the strangest comeback playoff overtime victory I've seen. The 1989-90 Leafs played better defense than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad