Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I've come to believe that every year the Leafs will always find a new and innovative way to break the hearts of their fans.

If that's true, maybe their greatest trick will be winning a Cup once every fan has completely given up and come to hate the team to the point that we can't even enjoy it. Wouldn't that be something?

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
He is probably thinking about his decision to go with Dubas vs letting Lou run the team. I'm not saying it would have been massively successful, but likely better than 1 playoff series win.
I imagine he has had those thoughts a number of times over the last few playoffs but this TDL is Shanny's mystery plan. Does he feel so secure that he can blow a playoff to tinker and see what happens? Scary if true but no way Tre made that career decision for him.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Someone really needs to clean out his fridge. He keeps eating the leftovers from his food poisoning.

Screenshot_20240429_222612.jpg

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Won’t be watching the game, I really can’t watch another pathetic playoff exit with this core. I’ll enjoy some good playoff hockey though after Tuesday. This summer I’ll hope that there’s finally something called accountability that MLSE will start putting in place and we see some major changes - what we should have seen following the Montreal series loss.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I'll say it right here right now

If the Leafs pull off a Christmas miracle and come back and beat the Bs. They will win it all.

If not, tear it down and start over!

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
That’s ridiculous. It’ll be 11-0.
Believe it or not I saw the Bruins beat the Leafs 11-0 at MLG when I was a kid. My dad took me to the game and we got there about 3/4 of the way through the first period and the Leafs were already down 6-0. This is pre Bobby Orr when the Bruins were perennial cellar dwellers. Then again they beat the Leafs 10-0 and 7-0 in the first two games of the 1969 playoffs. The Bruins have owned the Leafs so long it’s painful.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I'll say it right here right now

If the Leafs pull off a Christmas miracle and come back and beat the Bs. They will win it all.

If not, tear it down and start over!
There is no wisdom in this statement.

If they beat the B's you really think they can beat the rest of the NHL?

This team is cooked. Not legitimate. Not a threat.

A goalie makes all the difference, but to ask Woll to stand tall cold through the next 3 series while the boys show nothing?

Not happening. The team is being gutted. Even if we make the second round.

Reactions: saffronleaf

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
I've come to believe that every year the Leafs will always find a new and innovative way to break the hearts of their fans.

If that's true, maybe their greatest trick will be winning a Cup once every fan has completely given up and come to hate the team to the point that we can't even enjoy it. Wouldn't that be something?
They will finally win the Stanley cup after most fans stopped caring about this team anymore, in complete indifference.

A large chunk of our fanbase are dying older people(silent generation, boomers and gen xers) 20 years later most of them will die without ever having witnessed a Maple Leafs championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I feel more exited over the thought that Nylander might play for Sweden. Even if the chance is realy realy realy small, it is still waaaaaay bigger then Leafs taking this to seven , and win!
I just start crylaugh out of nowere when ever my mind graze that thought. Win a game 7 hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuu uu u!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If Matthews doesn't play in game 5, Marner will light up the Bruins and people will be confused as to who they should complain about.
Kreskin strikes again, still waiting on a game to go into overtime……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan