OT: To Trotz or not to Trotz

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I admit I would rather win 2-1 than lose in any fashion, but while pursuing that strategy might be worthwhile for a playoff series, or even a whole postseason, it's far too much to be doing it during the regular season as well.

When they aren't gassed from going through a particularly difficult stretch of the schedule, they are.
They’ve looked gassed under Sully’s dog **** system since game 5 or whatever. It’s so early in the season to be gassed, maybe his donkey system is causing the fatigue?

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
They’ve looked gassed under Sully’s dog **** system since game 5 or whatever. It’s so early in the season to be gassed, maybe his donkey system is causing the fatigue?
The scheduling is why they've been gassed, not the time of the season. If anything, they'll be less gassed midseason when they get their legs under them.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think they look more like they’ve given up than gassed, tbh. This team looks like they’re in the final days of the HCMJ era. I don’t think it’s a flu problem or an injury problem or conditioning problem at all.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm not sure how anyone looks at Malkin and Zucker's play in general and thinks they've given up.
I certainly don’t. But I don’t see how Letang and GCR and L3 look like they’re trying either.

Let’s also not forget that Geno and L2 were pretty much the only players with pulses when we fired Johnston.

Again, I don’t know how you can excuse the performances of the other 9 forward skaters on the grounds of illness or conditioning when Geno and Zucker look this good.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I certainly don’t. But I don’t see how Letang and GCR and L3 look like they’re trying either.
I'll give you Letang and GCR, but not the rest of them. Those four were on the ice for all of the Leafs' goals last night.
Let’s also not forget that Geno and L2 were pretty much the only players with pulses when we fired Johnston.

Again, I don’t know how you can excuse the performances of the other 9 forward skaters on the grounds of illness or conditioning when Geno and Zucker look this good.
Geno and Zucker also have their moments of not being good, such as on this goal:

Giving them a free pass, I see.
I prefer to think of it as having realistic expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad