Player Discussion The Underrated Brock Boeser

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
The turnaround in his game has been amazing, his offence is back to his rookie level and he's added other parts to his game. We need to keep this in mind as we wade through the Pettersson frustrations.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I never thought that Boeser played as poorly as some people claimed, except maybe for the 21/22 season. I considered his contract to be fair. Last year he probably played a bit below his cap hit, this year he definitely played above it but I also think that Lady Luck was a little kinder to him this season compared to the previous two seasons.

Very impressed with his play in these playoffs.

I generally agree. The 'compete' was always the wrong lens by which to judge him because his skill and smarts were his calling cards. It's like applying the Garland template to someone very much unlike Garland (more innately skilled, bigger etc..).

Boeser is a reminder that goalscorers are erratic and that patience is required. It's the skill that will always separate them from the pack (DeBrusk being another recent example with a regular season/playoff difference in conversion).

Last edited:

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Listening to Brock talk about his dad's passing is so heartbreaking.
Absolutely incredible how open and honest he was. So refreshing for a change.

I personally just went through what BB has gone through with a close family member that had Alzheimer’s (dad). It was awesome to see him breakthrough both in his game and the mental side of life taking steps forward.

Reactions: beckstreaker07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad