Player Discussion Stuart Skinner

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Our club is forced to roll the dice and hope the career AHL guy -- who wasn't even supposed to play this season -- can save the season, while the $5 million-a-year guy rests at the end of his AHL season.

Well managed, Oilers... well managed.

For all we know, we demoted Campbell at a point in time where he was performing better than Skinner. Bad numbers? Yes. Better than Skinner also yes.

I think the move was essentially for Skinner benefit, to relieve him from the added pressure.

Everyone seems to think Campbell is the nicest guy around. But we never see both goalie interact in the way Skinner does with Pickard.

Some tandems use each other to elevate themselves. Look at how much fun boston goalie have.

I think the competition between Skinner and Campbell was not a healthy one. And the organisation made a choice.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Second year in a row that the Oilers are having another goalie controversy in the middle of the 2nd round, can't blame it on the fact that Skinner is a rookie this time

For all the problems cropping up yet again(lack of secondary scoring, the play of defensive pairing that shall not be named, getting goalied by the opposing team's 3rd stringer), Skinner's lack of ability to steal a game was probably the most predictable reoccurring problem from last year. Even Jack Campbell with all his faults seems to have an extra gear in the playoffs that Skinner lacks, and it sure looks like it might cost the team in a big way again.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
In a team that has McDavid, Draisatl and so much offensive skills, it shouldn't be on Skinner's shoulders to steal a game.

Nobody is asking him to steal games

He hasn’t had to steal a game this post season except for maybe one in LA.

All we’re asking for is mediocrity.

Reactions: Canovin

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
In a team that has McDavid, Draisatl and so much offensive skills, it shouldn't be on Skinner's shoulders to steal a game.
STEAL A GAME?!

My good brother in Christ, we're not asking him to steal shit. We're simply asking for higher than .770! Goalies with Sears catalogues on their legs in the 70's are laughing at the Moustache's playoff numbers.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I don't want to sound like Lou lamorello or anything but he should shave that silly mustache. What started as a joke shows this guy is more interested in silly things that shouldn't matter.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He needs a haircut and to get rid of those sideburns.

mattingly-sideburns.gif

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I don't disagree with this take at all, but we're not asking him to steal a game. Just play well enough to keep the team in it.

I'm a huge Skinner fan and think he's actually going to be very good. He is still young. He should not be shouldering a starter role right now and has done well with what he's had to step into. I can understand why people are upset though and wanting a shake up. I think we all want Skinner to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad