Tribute Ryan who?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
IMG_2137.PNG
Feb 26, 2018

Chicago trades Ryan Hartman and a 2018 5th round pick to Nashville for Victor Ejdsell, 2018 1st round pick and a 2018 4th round pick.

Initially I thought wow, great trade! Ejdsell I remember was a player Bowman had tried hard to sign, he eventually signed with the Preds...and we all know about Bowmans' ability to find those gems in Europe...but man did we nab this trade!

Hartman has moved on to PHI to DAL to MIN...

Hawks drafted Nicolas Beaudin and Philipp Kurashev...

Wow!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I for one was never impressed with Ryan Hartman after my meeting him at the 2017 Convention, and I know everybody has their off days, but...
So as part of the Convention weekend you book a room at th Hilton, so my family(wife, son, daughter and I) received four guaranteed autograph sessions...
We won two with Toews, one with Tony O and one with Hartman
Tony O is Tony O, engaging, pleased to meet you
Toews is Toews, Captain Serious on the ice, Captain Friendly to fans
Hartman is umm Hartman?
Our meeting went like this...
Me-"So congrats on a great season last year, how are feeling going into this year?"
Hartman-"what colour?"
Me-"excuse me?"
Hartman-"what colour?"
Me-"what colour?"
Hartman-"what colour sharpie?"
Wow! Just wow! Impressive first/only impression...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I was one of Hartman’s biggest supporters but when that trade was announced even I was like uh ok thanks Nashville.

Wasn't there a rumor that Q and Hartman had kind of a rocky relationship and Hartman wanted out? The fact that Stan turned that deal it into a projected top 4 defenseman and a top 9 forward is pretty nuts if that rumor was true...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Wasn't there a rumor that Q and Hartman had kind of a rocky relationship and Hartman wanted out? The fact that Stan turned that deal it into a projected top 4 defenseman and a top 9 forward is pretty nuts if that rumor was true...

I'm not sure about any significant long-term issues between Q and Hartman.... I'm pretty sure Q was getting more and more open about how annoyed he was that Hartman continued to take idiotic penalties, though.

I think the trade came down to the fact that it was clear Hartman was going to peak as a 4th liner, and if you can trade a 4th liner for a 1st round pick that could be much more, you take it. After that, it's up to you to cash in, but considering the league is awash in 4th liners looking for jobs every off-season, it's a risk worth taking.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

My memory could be deceiving me, but I thought Hartman had kind of a behind the scenes gripe in the locker room or to the press similar to Brouwer long ago about not getting any special teams time, especially the power play since he was a real solid producer 5v5 goal scoring wise his rookie season (weren't like 18 of his 19 goals 5v5?)

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
My memory could be deceiving me, but I thought Hartman had kind of a behind the scenes gripe in the locker room or to the press similar to Brouwer long ago about not getting any special teams time, especially the power play since he was a real solid producer 5v5 goal scoring wise his rookie season (weren't like 18 of his 19 goals 5v5?)
He was also due a new contract, and back then Bowman(admittedly) was shedding that soon to be second contract player...Bowman has admitted to a lack of depth in in that age/development/experience player...a result of trying to sustain championship caliber teams...it's why we're where we are today...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Bowman kinda cleaned the deck of the next wave players we had after winning for so long...Hartman, Hinostroza, Danault, Motte, Johns, Oesterle, Raanta, Rasmussen, etc but has found the European gems and the CHL castoffs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad