Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II - (Florida Wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Boston is worse with Marchand in the lineup. Or stated differently, Boston became better when Benny took Marchand out.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I’m glad that Mo (it appears) is going back to “what got them here” in a sense.
The Garden is going to be hostile, and the Broons will be fired up. Lomberg and Cousins will feed on that energy, and will only proceed to poke the bear. This will carry through the entire lineup. Nothing against Lorentz or even Okposo, but I think this is the right move. The depth players stepping up nicely is leaving Mo with some tough decisions.

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I dont think no it’s a tough decision we need guys that have been fighting with this team, Lomboghini in my option is part of the heart and sole of the Panthers culture now. Cousins came in and delivered a sizable presence and fit right in and can give you a boost offensively.
Not to say for sure our new additions this year are not contributing and one of those guys is Erod we have to have him near the net all the time and he can be a devasting scorer with skills.

I just hope the guys realize that everything about Paul’s strategy is everything we fell short on last game. I think they know that.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
From the mainboards:

dhrT3W0.gif

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It’s ‘Chucky time ! Matthew was the instrumental difference last year to take the Boston series. He is due for this series in a way that he spurs this team on. Yes we need his production but he was awol last game I didn’t hear his name mentioned much and I really haven’t seen his name mentioned much on the board. Barkov has delivered and now we need Matthew to perform his magic.

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It’s ‘Chucky time ! Matthew was the instrumental difference last year to take the Boston series. He is do for this series in a way that he spurs this team on. Yes we need his production but he was awol last game I didn’t hear his name mentioned much and I really haven’t seen his name mentioned much on the board. Barkov has delivered and now we need Matthew to perform his magic.
I think Cousins and Lomberg back in will really energize Chukky

Bennett is back, but playing while still recovering from a broken hand, Lomberg and Cousins have been out. Add in, They’re trying to stay out of the penalty box.
I think we see them ramp it all up next game, starting with getting the forecheck rolling on them.

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
This team shouldnt need any more motivation tbh
That finals loss should be driving them alone
In my opinion saying we are being out worked simplifies the game in general. Work is just a part of the larger picture. We need to improve on being able to set up near the net that’s more about speed and coordination. And it’s part of our game that is critical on offense…..basically did not do it at all last game.
And on defense we allowed too much penetration in the middle which allowed them to set up on the perimeters.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 6 Officials

1715898509835.png
1715898530324.png

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Jon McIsaac (2)
Linespersons Scott Cherrey (50), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They are getting outworked because they are allowing it to happen
Lombo or Cuz aren't idiot whisperers who can get their feet moving
But they are the guys that have been there all season, not to mention all of last year’s series/playoffs. They are missed, if only for how they can get the energy level raised up in a game. And FL seems to feed on it.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
But they are the guys that have been there all season, not to mention all of last year’s series/playoffs. They are missed, if only for how they can get the energy level raised up in a game. And FL seems to feed on it.
In his morning conference Paul said that energy was not lacking that we are not playing loose and free. We are tightening up instead of just carrying our assignments. Perhaps the secondary comments to “just have fun out there”
is revealing.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
In his morning conference Paul said that energy was not lacking that we are not playing loose and free. We are tightening up instead of just carrying our assignments. Perhaps the secondary comments to “just have fun out there”
is revealing.
That’s another reason why getting these two going back in. They both help keep everybody loose, as they always look like they’re having the time of their lives out there. Add in the ability in stirring things up. Don’t overlook the importance of having the guys who they know will quickly have your back if things get crazy, having been through it all last playoffs, can only help free up their overall play.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Random comments.

I’d rather be up 3-2 than down 2-3.

Okposo didn’t catch an errant pass in front of Bruins goal so he deserves to sit and think about it.

The only thing worse than shooting a goalie in the chest is shooting the PK guy in the shin pads.

Maroon is fatter than Ekblad.

Montour is dumber than Carlo but McAvoy is dumber than either of those.

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
That’s another reason why getting these two going back in. They both help keep everybody loose, as they always look like they’re having the time of their lives out there. Add in the ability in stirring things up. Don’t overlook the importance of having the guys who they know will quickly have your back if things get crazy, having been through it all last playoffs, can only help free up their overall play.
Lomby yes, but I don’t recall Cuz mixing it up to protect anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad