GDT: rags @ SAUNA

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Over the last 6 playoffs, Aho is within .06 P/G of Point, Tkachuk and Matthews, while being north of Barkov, Pastrnak and Panarin.

He deserves criticism for the PP, but only so much. His EV scoring is only one tier down from MacKinnon/Kucherov. If they can get him an alpha for the PP, look out.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that he’s competitive with Staal, Krejci, Kopitar, O’Reilly and Eichel (draft position notwithstanding) as the top dog of a cup caliber team.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Our issues are the same as they have been ultimately.

-We are still a one line team and in the playoffs that is much easier to deal with
-We dont have a true #1 and are trying to fake it until we make it

Once we can establish a true 2nd scoring line I think we will see the team make a cup run.

Freddie was Freddie. The worst thing I noticed is he just seemed shook. Constantly moving around erratically like he was Koch or Mrazek.

Im not super upset, I didn't think our team was quite good enough to win the cup in the reg season but I was hoping we could beat the Rangers.

Ah well maybe next year.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
PK looks way more solid than Andersen.
While I think Andersen sticks around next season, I also think next year is the transition from Andersen as starter to Kochetkov. I expect we will see about half the starts going to Kochetkov and unless he looks shaky during the season, Kochetkov will be the starting goalie in the playoffs.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just want to pop by to say - great series. Hurricanes were an absolute force and I really thought you guys were going to push this to 7 games, and then finish the reverse sweep at the end of the second period last night. In no part of this series were the Hurricanes not competitive. Unlike the Rangers in game 5, Canes could have won any of the games in this series and outplayed the Rangers for large portions of every single game. They were the more consistently dangerous team.

You guys are a decent bunch of passionate fans.

One of the very few things I know about Chris Kreider is, that whenever he plays us and gets mentioned, Kyle Broflovski immediately starts singing inside my head: Oh, Kreider, Kreider, Kreider, I made it out of clay, and when it's dry and ready, then, Kreider I will play

Last night felt like as if Chris Kreider was personally asking me, who's the yo-yo now?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
5v5 GF/60 scoring in series losses per NST

2019: 1.28
2020: 1.7
2021: 1.5
2022: 1.38
2023: .9
2024: 2.52

Noticeable improvement with all of the depth. It's the PP that really let them down.
It's *insane* that we scored 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, and 3 goals in our series against Shesterkin (with one empty net). If you had told me we would average 3 goals a game against Shesterkin, I'd assume we would have won in 5 or 6.

It's nigh impossible to win against a good team if your goalie lets in one bad goal a game. We blame Nedeljkovic for letting in that one stinker against Tampa; Andersen let in multiple. Shesterkin made excellent grade A saves every period, Andersen had a few in the series. You can't win with that goaltending.

Of course there is more to it than that. But I do think the mentality of the Canes was that they had to block every shot from seeing Andersen. There definitely was not the confidence that their keeper would make the saves that I saw during other parts of this year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm really not a fan of how we f***ed around with Kooch's confidence this series. The game he played it was absolutely not his fault we lost and that's the only playing time he got this playoff despite Freddie letting in at least one terrible goal a night.

I know Brindy always prefers age and a vet to youth, but maybe that needs to stop. You run the risk of ruining good young players by playing dumb mind games like that, even if unintentionally

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad