Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • DL

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I think Thad took the comment about working with Taron Johnson in a really weird direction. Elam's tough fit with the Bills has never been that he is too tall.
Yeah, agreed. Elam was a man corner with press skills and he's learning to become a zone corner.
I agree, I did 10 years in Florida. The boutique schools that pop up for just football is wild. I was speaking more on South Carolina being a dog shit school for football yet every year, a SC native commits to them and is an absolute specimen.
If SC ever kept their own kids at home, they'd be as big as Georgia and Alabama. Maybe bigger.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I can't wait to see the Tua extension.
Damn. So, the cap hit will be around 25Ms a year? That seems high. I always assumed you divide the guaranteed money by the years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Damn. So, the cap hit will be around 25Ms a year? That seems high. I always assumed you divide the guaranteed money by the years.
The NFL cap does not average the entire deal over the number of years like the NHL does.

Signing bonus money gets spread out. But, base salary, and non-signing bonuses, hit in the current year (or the next year in certain instances).

Capture.PNG

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Miami cap is gonna be fubar with Waddle and soon Tua right?

The Dolphins are $-10,780,988 (29th in cap space) against the projected 2025 cap today. And that is before a Tua extension (his current deal expires this season and he will be a UFA without an extension).

They are not in a good place cap-wise.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

The Dolphins are $-10,780,988 (29th in cap space) against the projected 2025 cap today. And that is before a Tua extension (his current deal expires this season and he will be a UFA without an extension).

They are not in a good place cap-wise.
Hoping every day to get news of a big Tua extension, as it would cripple them cap- and play-wise. I don't think they're going to do it though.

I'd go the Shanahan budget QB route with a guy who can do the specific things McDaniel likes and hope to luck into a Purdy.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Hoping every day to get news of a big Tua extension, as it would cripple them cap- and play-wise. I don't think they're going to do it though.

I'd go the Shanahan budget QB route with a guy who can do the specific things McDaniel likes and hope to luck into a Purdy.

It seems like Miami holds the cards rather than Tua. He is the one with previous injuries and high risk going into a season without future guaranteed money. I feel like the more Miami holds out, the better of a terrible deal they will get.

Reactions: HOOats

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

The longer this goes on, the more I'm curious if they decide it's better to go down that path. Tua's best skills--accuracy from clean pockets and having the guts/trust/confidence in the scheme and playmakers to practically throw blind to his first read--aren't so overwhelmingly good that he's irreplaceable as a passer, and the fact that he consistently struggles to throw while under pressure and/or escape it to either take off or throw on the run is a pretty big problem in the modern NFL

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It seems like Miami holds the cards rather than Tua. He is the one with previous injuries and high risk going into a season without future guaranteed money. I feel like the more Miami holds out, the better of a terrible deal they will get.
I think Tua holds the cards imo. He has shown he can run McDaniels offense really well, has led the team to the playoffs and is probably the second best FA QB next year. If Miami doesn't extend him then they are looking at the following options;

Mike White - could be a decent and cheap replacement but he is unproven.

Justin Fields - They need an accurate passer in the McDaniels offense, so no.

Russel Wilson - no

Dak - I can't imagine Dallas not re-signing him.

Jordan Love - GB isn't gunna fumble this one.

So that is internal and FA.

Draft - they would need to take dart throws at a rookie and I don't see them being close enough to strike for a top QB or two unless they tank a year

Trade - Not much out there. Maybe an option or two but better than Tua in McDaniels offense?

Elvis P

Lost in the supermarket 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Goddamn Wrecks fan
distrokid.com

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

I'm with you. McDaniel is a very talented offensive mind and I think Tua is a comfortable ceiling. He's good enough to get you to the playoffs, but he's not going to go anywhere past the first round or two.

If McDaniel was able to find a QB who simply fit into the system and maybe didn't have as many physical tools as Tua but could simply be comfortable in cold weather games or under any semblance of pressure, I think they'd be a lot scarier.

In the meantime, they're stuck with a guy who simply cannot win in the cold but who plays in one of the coldest divisions in the league and in a conference where the best teams are primarily in cold-weather environments as well.

Elvis P

Lost in the supermarket 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Goddamn Wrecks fan
distrokid.com
I'm with you. McDaniel is a very talented offensive mind and I think Tua is a comfortable ceiling. He's good enough to get you to the playoffs, but he's not going to go anywhere past the first round or two. ...
Agreed. Injuries are a factor also. Someday, instead of giving a QB a quarter $B for 5 years, a team is going to give half that to 2 QBs and win the SB.

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Agreed. Injuries are a factor also. Someday, instead of giving a QB a quarter $B for 5 years, a team is going to give half that to 2 QBs and win the SB.

It'll be Shanahan or McDaniel. They are literally reinventing the QB position. I'm glad that we have one of the 5 guys who transcend systems. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, and maybe Herbert are the guys who can excel on a high level.

I want one more year of Stroud before I put him near that tier.

But yeah, I wonder sometimes what Darnold would do if protected by the SF O-line or even what Zach Wilson could do with a McDaniel scheme. Those guys create offensive systems that could revive careers. Tua is just not that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad