Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not just height. EP has him listed at 170. We’ll see how he fills out.
Yeah I would just assume he fills out, unless he has some kind of disease preventing it.

I think he was already 175-ish at camp, so 185-190 by 21? Seems realistic.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Do the WHL teams have a training table and S&C coaches? Yager needs to be adding good weight and should be doing the necessary weight gain under the supervision of the Moose Jaw and Penguins S & C personnel. If he's not getting that....shame on us.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Do the WHL teams have a training table and S&C coaches? Yager needs to be adding good weight and should be doing the necessary weight gain under the supervision of the Moose Jaw and Penguins S & C personnel. If he's not getting that....shame on us.
I believe NCAA has better lifting regiment and specific trainers compared to juniors. But isn't he going to WBS? They have them lift after games sometimes there even

Sorry

May 18, 2005
There it is folks. He has spoken.

I wanna hear the logic/argument behind Yager being a winger in the NHL. When ya know he was drafted as a center to play center because he projects better as a center…
Guentzel was drafted as a center. Yagers game, from what I have seen, definitely translates better to wing than center at the NHL level. Finds open space well, loves to shoot with his body open to the net, and has a wicked release. His foot speed seems limited to be able to play the full rink. Size doesn't matter at center in the current NHL the way it used to but being able to cover the 200ft is crucial. He is a decent skater, but not NHL center level. Also, considering his release is by far the best attribute in his game, why limit that with center responsibilities? Put that shot, which is probably the best wrist release the Pens have drafted since Milan Kraft compared to modern standards, in a position to succeed.

We will draft actual centers in the coming years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad