Player Discussion Patrick Brown

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
its 800k a year.

peanuts.

50K more than last year and has split his time forever between leagues. I dont have an issue with it. It can vanish in the stroke of a pen.
Over the past three seasons he’s played over 100 nhl games and only 9 minor league games. He’s a 12th/13th forward with the big team.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
all but Looch. He has a NMC. Frankly even without it I never see him being waived/demoted.

I believe you get $1.075 M relief by waiving and demoting a player from whatever their contract is. The balance would still count against the Cap. For most of these guys it would be zero or near zero.

If I’m wrong @DominicT will correct me.
1.15 million next season

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
all but Looch. He has a NMC. Frankly even without it I never see him being waived/demoted.

I believe you get $1.075 M relief by waiving and demoting a player from whatever their contract is. The balance would still count against the Cap. For most of these guys it would be zero or near zero.

If I’m wrong @DominicT will correct me.
It's based on the min. salary + 375k. The min. salary went up this year, so it's 1,150,000 that can be buried.

Remember though, that if you are sending someone down, you might be calling someone else up (unless you are going to run with a 21 man roster or something).

So let's say you send down JVR and Shattenkirk and call up Beecher/Merkulov and Lohrei. That saves you 75k for each of the send downs since the 3 AHL guys all make 925k.

Reactions: Gee Wally

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's based on the min. salary + 375k. The min. salary went up this year, so it's 1,150,000 that can be buried.

Remember though, that if you are sending someone down, you might be calling someone else up (unless you are going to run with a 21 man roster or something).

So let's say you send down JVR and Shattenkirk and call up Beecher/Merkulov and Lohrei. That saves you 75k for each of the send downs since the 3 AHL guys all make 925k.
I think what @Gee Wally meant was that this is not like a Reilly situation where when sent down, he still carried a cap hit.

But I don't want to put words on Wally's fingertips.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He has 3 seasons with more NHL playoff games than NHL regular season games, so he’s clearly somebody organizations think won’t hurt them when he’s out there. Found that interesting. Has some playoff run in Carolina and Vegas
That is interesting.............

Reactions: Gordoff

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
22nd in the league among forwards last year in hits per game.

Among those forwards, he's in the top five in face-off percentage

Sweeney targeted this guy early on July 1 and gave him two years - one way. He has a good track record of finding depth players.

Could end up being a very underrated signing. I can see him and Lucic causing a lot of trouble together

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
22nd in the league among forwards last year in hits per game.

Among those forwards, he's in the top five in face-off percentage

Sweeney targeted this guy early on July 1 and gave him two years - one way. He has a good track record of finding depth players.

Could end up being a very underrated signing. I can see him and Lucic causing a lot of trouble together

he also is a big boy not afraid to go to the net and start shit. Truculence. He’s not a good fighter but isnt afraid of dropping the gloves. He pretty much instigates it.
I’m actually looking forward to his ‘energy’ especially if Looch is his wingman.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He was the right guy to insert for the faceoffs and the energy from the 4th line. I criticize Monty when it doesn't work, but this crazy move did.

B's management really reacted to the loss to Florida last year. The clear message is they will not be pushed around. New to the roster: Beecher, Brown, Maroon, Geekie, JVR, Brazeau, Peeke, Wotherspoon. All huge guys. This doesn't even include the Lucic FA signing.

The Bruins had one player under 6ft in yesterday's lineup (Marchand). I've noticed this year that when the Bruins load up on the size, they have more success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad