NHL: Around the League 52

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Benn gets penalty for being pushed into G and then having Manson try to injure him.

I hope announcers were wrong about Benn getting penalty out of that
These types of accidentally on purpose collisions are often called with the player reputation in mind. It didn't matter if Manson pushed Benn or not, Benn was not going to try and avoid the collision.

If that was Pavelski colliding with the goalie and not Benn, it probably would not have been called a penalty at all.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I still can't believe that the Mark Messier Leadership Award is just Mark Messier deciding who he thinks is the best leader.

How did that become an accepted thing?

Isn't it typically 'The Mark Messier award, presented by [insert sponsor here]?

I think it was invented purely to get another sponsorship spot at the NHL awards :laugh:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I still can't believe that the Mark Messier Leadership Award is just Mark Messier deciding who he thinks is the best leader.

How did that become an accepted thing?
I love it because it's the only thing hockey fans everywhere can agree on and be like Mark shut the f*** up nobody cares. I feel like Toews has one but I can look back fondly on pop tarts I've eaten with more satisfaction than I got from a player on my team winning a piece of hardware. I'm pretty good about remembering bits of hockey trivia. Pride myself on it even. No clue who's won it recently.

f*** Messier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad