OT: Music Part V

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There will never be a day that I won’t love this:

What is about the song that you love so much? heard it countless times and it's a fine tune but fail to see anything extraordinary about it. Some sort of an emotional attachment or something?:dunno:

Post-grunge is vindicated with all the garbage coming out today.
It must suck to have such a limited pool of material to choose from, I guess I'm somewhat fortunate that I get to hear a lot of great music having such a broad range of exposure.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not all that familiar with either singer but regardless that is one impressive range and performance, hats off .

How is that humanly possible? :huh:some sort of hermaphrodite?:dunno:

Fantastic stuff,great sound. That lad sure doesn't need to workout. lol and the blond on the violin and trumpet is not hard to look at.Feeling like a dirty old man.lol
Don't even know what genre of music they fall in, fusion I suppose, pop, with funk? Somebody might have some clue? Don't see bongos in use that much let alone violins or trumpets.
Ya, they are entertaining for sure, really growing in popularity. Don't know how the lead singer has all that energy being built like a twig. Like that he's super free, dances and performs like nobody watching and doesn't care, freedom! and ya, she's not hard on the eyes.:naughty:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It must suck to have such a limited pool of material to choose from, I guess I'm somewhat fortunate that I get to hear a lot of great music having such a broad range of exposure.

I’m speaking mainly about the mainstream side of things. There’s still tons of great music coming out, but the quality of mainstream music back then was quite higher than today, and back then, songs like that were often considered generic garbage (which I always disagreed with).

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
download.jpg:nod::laugh:

Driving the crowd into a frenzy:thumbu::thumbu:

And a little tame unplugged, from one extreme to another:thumbu::thumbu:

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I’m speaking mainly about the mainstream side of things. There’s still tons of great music coming out, but the quality of mainstream music back then was quite higher than today, and back then, songs like that were often considered generic garbage (which I always disagreed with).
All you say comes off as ultra vague, no examples, everyone has a different view of what's what.
Mainstream, like that bubblegum crap nerd shit? Spears, Taylor Swift ,Spice girls etc? Music is produced targeting pre-teens and that targeting to those that are into all those super hero type geek films and those fake reality type garbage shows, and yet they still can have a catchy tune once in a while, like a commercial jingle. That grunge era was so overrated it's funny, not many good songs from that period, a lot of crap that sold though.

I visited some friends a while back in Quebec, many are lifelong musicians and one friend has a recording studio and they all still have their fingers on the pulse and they were saying that there is not much going on that is catching their attention, not much to get excited about anyways, be it English or French. Keep in mind no one is under 60 and were raised with classic rock, rock, hard rock, metal, punk, prog pretty much but diverse at the same time, a good catchy tune is a good catchy tune even if it's not good.

So I had the opportunity to introduce them to music and artists they had no clue about, showing videos and live performances ( I made a mention of this some time ago in some posts, showing some artists, just the tip of the iceberg ) and now a bunch of them are coming over to see some festivals and artists at solo shows. I'll introduce them to a friend and his band that's on the bill at one of the festivals, though not our fav type but they are fun, cool, chill guys.:thumbu::thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad