Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
it's wild how badly he sucked this year. he had 12 even strength goals playing 81 games with first line minutes

guess who else had 12 even strength goals? everyones favorite disappointment Kaapo Kakko. in only 61 games, on the 3rd line!

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Since he is not going anywhere for another 6 years lets hope that this was an off season for him and that he will be back to his 40 goal and 90 points self next season.

I mean there is nothing else we can do.
I know what I will do. I will boo him and spit on him in the streets.

• Haha
Reactions: ArPanet

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
just goal after goal after goal of him getting into the inner slot and ripping sick shots. what the hell happened?
He was legitimately awesome that season.

He just plays like a wimp now.

it's wild how badly he sucked this year. he had 12 even strength goals playing 81 games with first line minutes

guess who else had 12 even strength goals? everyones favorite disappointment Kaapo Kakko. in only 61 games, on the 3rd line!

He was kind of a PP whore last year but at least he put up 91 points.

He was pure garbage this season.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
just goal after goal after goal of him getting into the inner slot and ripping sick shots. what the hell happened?
When Zibanejad was cookin he was bent over in his skating stride at almost 90 degrees.

He is much more upright now. I dont know if thats due to age, injury or confidence, but that is something I noticed that has changed

Reactions: RangersFan1994

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016

Not to dunk on this dude but that's one thing I appreciate about this place, little bit more level headed. I know people are bummed about how the season ended and Mika's off-year... but these takes are crazy. Really... Bo Horvat is a better player? The guy who has one 70 point season? Duchene had 6 points in 19 playoff games this post-season... that's a guy you'd rather have? 🤣 Come on...

Guess what... since becoming a top line center in the 2018-2019 season, depending on what position you'd categorize Stamkos as, Zibanejad is tied with Aho for tenth in points for centers. Add in the fact that he's a great defensive forward and PKs as well. Plus, statistically the difference between the surrounding players and Mika/Aho is the matter of a few points... so really once you get past the few elite of the elite... McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Crosby... its almost a toss up after that. One guy has an up year, one guy has a down year. It happens

The grass isn't always greener. Imagine if Stepan or Brassard had to match up against Barkov? Zibanejad definitely had a disappointing season but he's still one of the elite centers in the game today. People forget what a "low end" 1C or a 2C actually look like

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad