Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Who wants to go to Bayern when the roster is weaker than ever but the club still expects you to win everything? The higher ups keep undermining the manager and sacking them in short order.

Someone like Nagelsmann could have helped rebuild the roster but he never got the opportunity because the club simply won't give the manager the time to do it.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Does anyone really believe that a team like Bayern Munich would be interested in a mediocre coach like De Zerbi?

Who wants to go to Bayern when the roster is weaker than ever but the club still expects you to win everything? The higher ups keep undermining the manager and sacking them in short order.

Someone like Nagelsmann could have helped rebuild the roster but he never got the opportunity because the club simply won't give the manager the time to do it.

There would be a queue to sit on that bench, let's be serious.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah it's very evident that there has been no queue at all. With the levels of intervention from the higher-ups and the overall atmosphere, it's a pretty intensely unattractive job. It's part of why I'd suggest that people should maybe be a little less reactionary in terms of thinking 'Tuchel is suddenly bad' or whatever.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah it's very evident that there has been no queue at all. With the levels of intervention from the higher-ups and the overall atmosphere, it's a pretty intensely unattractive job. It's part of why I'd suggest that people should maybe be a little less reactionary in terms of thinking 'Tuchel is suddenly bad' or whatever.
Let it be known that if Bayern calls, I will serve. I'll offer 'em a great deal and do it for 1/2 of what they're paying Tuchel.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern are still one of the most talented clubs in the world and they've now got one of the best Sporting Directors in Europe in charge. Would be awesome for them not to win another BuLi this decade, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shame Motta will leave Bologna, but hard to turn that down. Would have wanted to see what he could do with their roster in UCL

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I think he was getting it regardless and you're going with Thiago Motta next year.

I'm the believe it when I see it kind of person. I am expecting a contract extension more than a sacking. Three years of crap keeps you on.

He's suspended for the final two games. That's a plus.

Shame Motta will leave Bologna, but hard to turn that down. Would have wanted to see what he could do with their roster in UCL

I just hope he will get supported and given the same time to build the squad. The same amount of time Allegri got for three shit seasons. I don't necessarily care for immediate success. I want to see a change of mentality, culture, and tactics. Juventus needs to learn how to walk again before they're able to run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad