Movies: Mad Max: Furiosa (2024)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They were stuck in a legal fight with Warner i believe. That pushed the release further down the road.
Quite something to hear considering all the delays associated with the making of Fury Road. When Miller first tried to get it going, Mel Gibson was still penciled in for the lead...as in before all his controversies.

Not sure what the dispute was but there was a point that they could've capitalized on the momentum of Fury Road effectively.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Quite something to hear considering all the delays associated with the making of Fury Road. When Miller first tried to get it going, Mel Gibson was still penciled in for the lead...as in before all his controversies.

Not sure what the dispute was but there was a point that they could've capitalized on the momentum of Fury Road effectively.
It was over unpaid money. This is pocket change to Warner but they still had to fight over it because greed.

• Haha
Reactions: HanSolo

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Wow. it was a phenomenal movie. a few plot holes if you look for them. We watched it in a 2d theatre and I fully regret cheaping out. I was ready to buy a second ticket to a version with Laser Ultra with the 3d spatial sound etc as that would have been ridiculously entertaining.

Overall an easy 9/10 for me. I think I enjoyed the chemistry of Furiosa and Praetorian Jack better than Max and Furiosa.

This is a theatre movie unless you have an unreal set up at home to fully immerse yourself in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers and Kurtz

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Wow. it was a phenomenal movie. a few plot holes if you look for them. We watched it in a 2d theatre and I fully regret cheaping out. I was ready to buy a second ticket to a version with Laser Ultra with the 3d spatial sound etc as that would have been ridiculously entertaining.

Overall an easy 9/10 for me. I think I enjoyed the chemistry of Furiosa and Praetorian Jack better than Max and Furiosa.

This is a theatre movie unless you have an unreal set up at home to fully immerse yourself in it.

I gave it 6/10.

Fun popcorn movie but not something that will stick with me in the long run.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Posted my actual thoughts on the movie in the general movie thread, but I feel the same way now as I did coming out of it two weeks ago. I think it's pretty solidly right in the middle of the series. Not as good as Fury Road or The Road Warrior, but better than Thunderdome or the original

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It was over unpaid money. This is pocket change to Warner but they still had to fight over it because greed.
Miller's production company got paid and made their profit, but initiated the fight to take even more from Warner, who likely lost money on the movie. You could probably argue just as easily that his side was being greedy.

I don't think that it was about greed for either side, though. It was just a matter of principle because one wanted what it thought it was owed and the other didn't think that it owed it. I don't think that the amount matters much. If you ordered a pizza that arrived with a slice missing, the value of that slice means that you were cheated only $1.50, which is likely pocket change to you, but you might be inclined to try to get your money back, anyways, on principle.

I can see both sides and why they fought over it, but it's too bad that they did because they could've made so much more than they fought over if they'd concentrated on making sequels, instead.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Miller's production company got paid and made their profit, but initiated the fight to take even more from Warner, who likely lost money on the movie. You could probably argue just as easily that his side was being greedy.

I don't think that it was about greed for either side, though. It was just a matter of principle because one wanted what it thought it was owed and the other didn't think that it owed it. I don't think that the amount matters much. If you ordered a pizza that arrived with a slice missing, the value of that slice means that you were cheated only $1.50, which is likely pocket change to you, but you might be inclined to try to get your money back, anyways, on principle.

I can see both sides and why they fought over it, but it's too bad that they did because they could've made so much more than they fought over if they'd concentrated on making sequels, instead.
Not going to lie......I really enjoyed the long wait between the films. For myself it made the experience more special. I would of hated to see them churn out movies ala marvel style.

Reactions: Nakatomi and Osprey

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006

No one could predict back then that the landscape would change this much. Just a few years ago, a mediocre movie like Captain Marvel made a billion at the box office and the Marvel gravy train was at it's peak. It's unfortunate that the delay hurt the movie this much.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Just watched it last night. Overall an 8/10 and a good prequel to Fury Road
I felt the beginning with the young Furiosa was a bit too long, but I understood that they needed those parts to give Hemsworth more screen time.

And speaking of Hemsworth, Dementus was a great character and never expected him to be convincing in a villain role.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Saw it this past weekend and really liked it...up until the final scene when they trying and link it directly to the previous movie which was not great. The timeline is also kind of screwy, as between when Dementus is captured and the scene with the peach tree you have to figure 4-5 years have passed but the Furiosa from Fury Road seemed older and even wiser than how she was portrayed at the end of this movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad