Speculation: Kaliyev trade...

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
All of this is just bullshit.....gone and perform elsewhere....who? JAD, Bjornfoot....who, Amadio? Went through 2 other teams first....no one here had the patience to wait 5 years for him....so...

Who? Who has been so devalued....that they've gone and performed elsewhere....
So move them sooner when the still have value? There isn’t going to be a market for every one of the devalued prospects we’ve lost, despite what some might think. However they could have moved a couple of then for ‘something’ - even if it’s just a swap of prospects needing a fresh start somewhere. They’ve been too passive managing the prospect pool and then blow a wad on PLD.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
So move them sooner when the still have value? There isn’t going to be a market for every one of the devalued prospects we’ve lost, despite what some might think. However they could have moved a couple of then for ‘something’ - even if it’s just a swap of prospects needing a fresh start somewhere. They’ve been too passive managing the prospect pool and then blow a wad on PLD.

Possibly, but who? Amadio was traded, Bjornfoot? Waived twice, hot market for him, JAD, waived twice, hot market for him....

Fagemo? Waived twice....that post alludes to this happens ALL The time....and who...thats all that needs to be answered...

At best...Kaliyev might be the only one that has a case.....and that's a meh case at best...

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Rangers got a 2nd for Lias and a 1st for Nils Lundkvist. Neither showed anything before getting traded and still havent since.
Chicago did well with Dach selling early. Colorado did well with Newhook and he hadnt proven anything more than Kaliyev. Vegas used Krebs to land Eichel before his value tanked.
Ducks just traded Drysdale for good value before injury issues and questionable first round pair upside lower his stock.
The Kings could have gotten value out of Bjornfot after his rookie year when they went out and brought in Edler or Maatta because he wasnt in their plans. They could have traded Kaliyev after his rookie year when he had a lot of value and no future openings in the top 6. Fagemo had value at one point as well and he has really never even taken more then a couple shifts in LAs top six his entire career. So obviously he was never in the plans.
There was a window where these guys had value and it was clear they were not going to be used by the Kings.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Breaking news. Every bad team with surplus picks is targeting Kaliyev as a buy low bonanza. Master Class in the making!
Bold of them to assume that Blake is savvy enough to get even a nothing pick for him. They will either wind up not tendering Kaliyev and letting him walk as a UFA or they’ll hold onto him for no reason until training camp then lose him on waivers.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
When the Kings drafted Kaliyev and when he first came to the Kings, I posted here to just put him on pp1, put him in the Ovie spot, and just keep feeding him. Play him all two minutes if you need to. With a shot like that, just keep putting him out there so his confidence can soar. The Kings never have a unidimensional goal scorer and let him do what he is made to do. The resident know-it-all, i.e., Blake's-ass kisser (cough - GBH - cough) laughed at me, telling me how stupid I am, that Kaliyev needed to earn it, no one that young gets two minutes, etc.

Well, it's worked out just fine the Kings way....

Edit: I also explained/alluded to what the Kings would need to do to work with Kaliyev's personality and they obviously butchered that part too.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
When the Kings drafted Kaliyev and when he first came to the Kings, I posted here to just put him on pp1, put him in the Ovie spot, and just keep feeding him. Play him all two minutes if you need to. With a shot like that, just keep putting him out there so his confidence can soar. The Kings never have a unidimensional goal scorer and let him do what he is made to do. The resident know-it-all, i.e., Blake's-ass kisser (cough - GBH - cough) laughed at me, telling me how stupid I am, that Kaliyev needed to earn it, no one that young gets two minutes, etc.

They did that, for a bit, he kept f***ing it up.....

Kid's got a helluva shot...no doubt.....too bad the rest of his game is lacking....a lot.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
They did that, for a bit, he kept f***ing it up.....

Kid's got a helluva shot...no doubt.....too bad the rest of his game is lacking....a lot.
Do you feel that the kings keeps drafting players with certain skills and play a certain style and then the Kings get hold of them, then they're put in position that doesn't fit their skill set instead of utilizing their skills. Kinda square pegs in round holes.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Do you feel that the kings keeps drafting players with certain skills and play a certain style and then the Kings get hold of them, then they're put in position that doesn't fit their skill set instead of utilizing their skills. Kinda square pegs in round holes.

Yep, but there are no one dimensional players in the NHL, unless that one dimensional is absolutely otherworldly,

You HAVE to be able to play....he isn't there yet, regardless of what hole you put him in.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Yes without question. I'll put it in a Montreal team style. It's like if Montreal took Caufield and put him with Pearson and Colin White on the 4th line for less than 10 mins a game for a little over half the season. If you're playing well then we will give you maybe the last 30/45 seconds of PP #2 time. While getting mad that you aren't performing to how they want him to.

Reactions: MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Yes without question. I'll put it in a Montreal team style. It's like if Montreal took Caufield and put him with Pearson and Colin White on the 4th line for less than 10 mins a game for a little over half the season. If you're playing well then we will give you maybe the last 30/45 seconds of PP #2 time. While getting mad that you aren't performing to how they want him to.
Thx, also that is one thing that i hope changes a bit this year and that is the way the power plays are distributed .

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

Edit: I also explained/alluded to what the Kings would need to do to work with Kaliyev's personality and they obviously butchered that part too.
has the wrong agent and isnt french canadien enough

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Possibly, but who? Amadio was traded, Bjornfoot? Waived twice, hot market for him, JAD, waived twice, hot market for him....

Fagemo? Waived twice....that post alludes to this happens ALL The time....and who...thats all that needs to be answered...

At best...Kaliyev might be the only one that has a case.....and that's a meh case at best...

Amadio was waived 3 times and couldn't even land a 4th line C on the Sens before sticking with Vegas. A lot of people seem to forget that along with wanting to run him out on a rail when he was here.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
only see 3 options, they give him a real chance on the roster next year. hes part of a package for a goalie. or he goes for another reclamation project like kakko

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not quite....Caufield is a lot lot lot better than Kaliyev

Bobby Brink would be more of a comparison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad