Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I love Igor Shesterkin.

For 7@12 mill per? Haha, no fn way.

And the trade speculation is going to be a blast.
There will be none, because Drury will have him locked up.

Let's not forget how great Quick was playing thoughout the season. It gave Igor some space until he figured out this game. Does Quick come back? Igor struggles at times, how would he handle a $10+ contract with all that pressure. Lundqvist did his best and even he failed.

Build a SC team off the back of a goalie is a loser's game, but the NYR management thing they know everything, so i can see them giving him a big contract. DUMB!!

REally hope Drury takes control of this teams destiny, even if it means shaking things up dramatically.

No, more hope and a prayer cup runs. No more waiting for a goalie to save them, sitting on 1g leads.

ENOUGH! it's never going to happen that way
Quick already signed for next season with us.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You may be expecting a bit too much from a goalie.

Like I've seen you get on Hank a lot over his playoffs. But the dude has a huge playoff resume – one of only 20 goalies in NHL history to play over 100 career playoff games – and of that group, Hank has the third-best career playoff save pct. I think he’s only behind Hasek and Rask on that list.

The NYR playoff shortcomings this century are on the skaters, not the goalies.

Put Bob on this year’s NYR, Igor on the Panthers, and Igor is working his way toward a ring right now and Bob is playing golf.

I've been watching since the 70s. The closest I’ve seen to a goalie legit carrying a team to a Cup was Patrick Roy in 1986. And Roy still had a really solid team in front of him, including 2 HOF forwards and 2 HOF d-men.

Roy also had the good fortune of not having to face Edmonton in the SCF that season.

IMHO… Hank and Igor buy their teams additional playoff rounds far more so than the skaters in front of them ever have.

Except we just saw what I have been begging from Igor all playoffs from Bob. A complete playoff game. He's played around 40 playoff games in his career, not one shutout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad