Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah, less than $1 per game.
Except you're paying for twelve months so it's $240 dollars to watch one baseball team if you don't cancel. Ala carte programming was the dream. If every network wants twenty bucks a month cable is better and stealing cable is too easy to not do. Like I'm trying to be a good person but if I'm already paying ESPN I shouldn't have to pay them twice to watch the Blackhawks.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you make it .50 a game or something, for the season. I'm giving you 81 dollars for the season. You get a ton of subscribers at that number and make your money. You start to f*** me and stealing it sounds way better and I'll give you nothing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You can watch almost every NHL game for $70. For the year. I pay that. I pay for Cable. It's like $80 a month. Ton of channels I don't ever watch. Fine with it. I'm not paying ESPN twice to watch games on ESPN because it's on ESPN+.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Clever title. /s

So we are in agreenment that CHSN is pronounced "chosen," right? As in, "We have been chosen to pay more on our cable bills."

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Wow. free over the air? Great for the locals. Makes sense. Wonder if these companies know they are losing the battle on pirating and would rather know the true numbers so they get better advertising deals?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What will happen if games overlap?

They better have alternative channel option like CSN Chicago did

As of right now I am waiting for the other shoe to drop to find out who gets screwed over because I refuse to believe they will actually have a free over the air platform available to masses and wont charge people $ for their new streaming service (Which is what this is even if they are trying to pretend its not)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What will happen if games overlap?

They better have alternative channel option like CSN Chicago did

As of right now I am waiting for the other shoe to drop to find out who gets screwed over because I refuse to believe they will actually have a free over the air platform available to masses and wont charge people $ for their new streaming service (Which is what this is even if they are trying to pretend its not)
Of course you jump right to the negatives. You don't think they'll have something for overflow? C'mon man...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Of course you jump right to the negatives. You don't think they'll have something for overflow? C'mon man...

Maybe this will be great. But the trend of the past couple decades has been that assuming that an entertainment product will get worse just to pad owner pockets is a safe bet.

Expect crap, and be pleasantly surprised if not crap. Good advice for this channel or a new streaming platform or the continued enshittification of existing things or continued mergers just jacking up prices and lowering quality standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad