Confirmed with Link: Edmundson to Toronto

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Pay now or at the deadline to acquire someone like him.
The reality is that it's cheaper to acquire guys like this on expiring contracts at the deadline than to actually have them on multi-year deals. There is no rational reason to resign this guy. Let someone else give him a 3 year contract. Did anyone learn anything from the Reaves contract?

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I liked him in his time here but I'm hoping we can get more of an upgrade in free agency. Might be wishful thinking.

If we're filling out the bottom pair I think I prefer Boosh, followed by chasing two UFAs for the top 4.

Depends on contract asks of course.

Oct 18, 2010
Despite spending all of their money on like 4 guys, they have way too many holes at the top of their lineup and are too far from contending to spend money on an Edmundson. They will probably spend money on an older defenseman that will make it even harder to win like Tanev.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
You can't find his height toughness and experience too easily in the market. I would like to see him play for his old Coach again. Take some pressure off Benoit who battles every shift. Edmundson is also a decent fighter and will keep crease crashers honest. I'd like him back for sure. I'm not going to judge Edmundson on his rental player performance. He is capable of much more than we saw.

And it beats bringing back Klingberg.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The reality is that it's cheaper to acquire guys like this on expiring contracts at the deadline than to actually have them on multi-year deals. There is no rational reason to resign this guy. Let someone else give him a 3 year contract. Did anyone learn anything from the Reaves contract?
Edmondson isn't Reaves. He is 29 which means he is in his prime. We have no draft picks next year and no 2nd or 4th the next year either. The Leafs don't have the pieces next TD. The point is at what cost is he? What did Schenn get? I'm fine signing him for what Schenn got.

Edmondson isn't Reaves. He is 29 which means he is in his prime. We have no draft picks next year and no 2nd or 4th the next year either. The Leafs don't have the pieces next TD. The point is at what cost is he? What did Schenn get? I'm fine signing him for what Schenn got.
3 to 4 year.

Despite spending all of their money on like 4 guys, they have way too many holes at the top of their lineup and are too far from contending to spend money on an Edmundson. They will probably spend money on an older defenseman that will make it even harder to win like Tanev.
The problem with Tanev is you need a plan b for when he is injured.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
I dont see how the leafs can resign him. He made $3.5 last season. I assume he is going to want at least that but presumably a raise.

We need 2 x top 4 defense. I think we need to aim higher.

Rielly. Xxxxx
Mccabe. Xxxxx
Benoit. Xxxxx

3rd pair we may need to roll back Lilly since he will be cheap. Top 2 RD I am hoping for a puck mover and a defensive stud.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If we had cap space, I’d bring Edmunson back, but with the budget as it is, I don’t think I would. He’s going to charge too much for what he brings. I think Lyubushkin was more effective and will likely be cheaper.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You can't find his height toughness and experience too easily in the market. I would like to see him play for his old Coach again. Take some pressure off Benoit who battles every shift. Edmundson is also a decent fighter and will keep crease crashers honest. I'd like him back for sure. I'm not going to judge Edmundson on his rental player performance. He is capable of much more than we saw.

And it beats bringing back Klingberg.
Agreed, depending on the price. What is he projected to make?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad