Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Just watched the replay, I don't see Bob showing any focus on his stick. I see his hands go up like hes wondering whats going on. I don't see him motioning specifically to the stick being knocked out.

Maybe theres a different angle I haven't seen.

He throws up his hands which to me is gesturing “knocked stick out of my hands”, that was the main disruption on his ability to make the save, when Heinen nudged his skate he barely moved and made no indication it bothered him.

If you were a goalie and had your skate nudged and then after had your stick knocked out of your hands just as the puck was coming, which interference do you think your brain would focus on?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.
If it's a concussion, I'm surprised they let him fly so soon.

But I'm no doctor so :dunno:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He throws up his hands which to me is gesturing “knocked stick out of my hands”, that was the main disruption on his ability to make the save, when Heinen nudged his skate he barely moved and made no indication it bothered him.

If you were a goalie and had your skate nudged and then after had your stick knocked out of your hands just as the puck was coming, which interference do you think your brain would focus on?

Watch a youtube comp of goalie interference calls and half the time the goalies throw their hands up in the same way when looking for a call.

Theres nothing specific about it where he gestures to his blocker hand or the stick laying on the ice.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Glad I’m not the only one that has a working set of eyes.

You can’t make contact with the goalie in the crease. Heinen made clear contact with his stick/skate into Bobs right leg. Bob then had to move and try to reset a second or two before the shot came.

“He had enough time to reset” Hilarious. He also couldn’t keep his original position, he had to move because of Heinen taking up his original spot in the crease.

You can’t enter the crease, make contact with the goalie and take away his original position to make the save. That is a wild opinion to have

That’s goalie interference all day in my view.

A couple of ex NHL goalies, Martin Biron and Jamie McLennan both said that the goal should stand as Bobrovsky had enough time to reset. They are anything but Bruins fans.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Live another day
1715783973975.jpeg

Reactions: Trizz617 and Acie

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
This game if I remember it was Debrusk, Frederic, Zacha and Geekie that each had all alone chances to extend lead and all their low shots were saved.. They forgot game 1?
Geekie had me yelling at the screen "nooooooooooooo!!!". He was all alone, all he had to do was hit the top half of the net and it's a goal.

Reactions: mjhfb and Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
A couple of ex NHL goalies, Martin Biron and Jamie McLennan both said that the goal should stand as Bobrovsky had enough time to reset. They are anything but Bruins fans.

And the final decision makers of the rules, the ones who come up with them and have to enforce them, said Bennnett checking Coyle into Swayman didn't impede his ability to make the save.

Everyone has an opinion

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.

If he had a serious concussion no chance he flies down to Florida with the team. I suspect it's 50/50 he gets in for game 6.

And the final decision makers of the rules, the ones who come up with them and have to enforce them, said Bennnett checking Coyle into Swayman didn't impede his ability to make the save.

Everyone has an opinion

No disrespect but ex goalies usually defend their fellow goalies, in this case they didn't, that tells me all I need to know.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Last comment I'll make on the subject in this thread since I already thought I wasn't going to elaborate but here we are.

This video sums up how I view the play. Same focus that I have on where the interference is.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Have agreed for a long time and hope the league does something offseason at their meeting.
Agree completely.

IMO it needs something significant. Like keeping a list and penalize players retroactively when video shows diving. First offense a fine. Second offense a game. No sunset clause. Rolls forward with you as you play each season. Would nip it in bud quickly.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Last comment I'll make on the subject since I already thought I wasn't going to elaborate but here we are.

This video sums up how I view the play. Same focus that I have on where the interference is.

League has established that if goalie has time to reset, then GI doesn’t come into play. Bobrovsky not only has time to reset but also come out of blue paint to try and make stop. He just got beat.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Watch a youtube comp of goalie interference calls and half the time the goalies throw their hands up in the same way when looking for a call.

Theres nothing specific about it where he gestures to his blocker hand or the stick laying on the ice.
I dont think anyone knows what goalie interference is right now.
I think it said coaches are 1 for 5 in GI challenges these playoffs.
I personally wouldve called both Bennetts and Mcavoys goals for goalie interference. But nI have no clue how they are ruling these now.
I didnt even know you could challenge a goalie interference if it was your own player interfering- before the Bennett goal. I thought plays like that had to be called penalties during gameplay.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Just watched the replay, I don't see Bob showing any focus on his stick. I see his hands go up like hes wondering whats going on. I don't see him motioning specifically to the stick being knocked out.

Maybe theres a different angle I haven't seen.
You can both be correct. It would come down to league interpretation. How they see it. At the time. Today it's called one way, tomorrow another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad