Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You said "A young Pastrnak was good in the playoffs. He’s had worse stats than the core 4 the last 3 years prior to this."

You also said "The Leafs core 4 had better playoff stats than Pastrnak the last 3 years."

All I am saying is they did not. show me some stats that prove your 2 statements. Only Nylander equaled him in points in those years, none beat him and he outscored each and everyone of them on goals. heck his 15 goals equals Matthews and Marner combined.

Okay, I'll correct my statement.

The last 3 years the Core 3 (minus Tavares) had identical stats to Pastrnak (at worse 1 point less in 25GP). The last 2 years the Core 3 has outperformed Pastrnak.

Happy?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Or the last year, pick your poison.

Basically:

Last 5+ years = Pastrnak better
Last 4 years = Identical stats
Last 3 years = Idential stats
Last 2 years = Core 3 better (minus Tavares)
Last year = Core 3 better

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to call Pastrnak some elite playoff performers and the Leafs core a playoff bust when the stats are similar the last 3 years.

It’s ridiculous to say a guy who is a point per game over his career in the playoffs is having a dissappointing playoffs because he’s a point per game in these playoffs while also saying the guys he’s out scoring on the other team aren’t having disappointing playoffs.

WHICH ONE IS IT DUDE.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It’s ridiculous to say a guy who is a point per game over his career in the playoffs is having a dissappointing playoffs because he’s a point per game in these playoffs while also saying the guys he’s out scoring on the other team aren’t having disappointing playoffs.

WHICH ONE IS IT DUDE.

Pastrnak has 50% of his points on empty net assists.

He has 2 points in 4 games when there was a goalie in the other teams net. The same as Marner, less than Matthews.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

Basically:

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to call Pastrnak some elite playoff performers and the Leafs core a playoff bust when the stats are similar the last 3 years.
You are the guy who picked the three year window. A bit of advice, when cherry picking stats make sure they actually say what you think they do.

I'm done.

Man, if you held the core 4 to the standard you seem to hold Samsonov to.....

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
You should just stop.......you're getting lit up worse than Samsonov.

Pasta has played great all series, for a superstar, he's been getting knocked around and says nothing, just goes out and scores or in your eyes, gets empty net assists. Let's talk about Marchand then vs your core 4. Marchand-8pts vs Core 4- 6pts. Just an FYI Marchy is 35 years old as well!
Pasta was very obviously targeted in their scouting and the leafs have done a great job in minimizing his impact, but the huge difference here is the bruins role players have stepped up and produced hard results. I think the bruins chose players with the right character makeup. It seems it always someone else stepping up to get the job done.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You are the guy who picked the three year window. A bit of advice, when cherry picking stats make sure they actually say what you think they do.

I'm done.

Man, if you held the core 4 to the standard you seem to hold Samsonov to.....

The last 3 years proves my point.

Pastrnak is not some elite playoff stud if you're saying the Leafs core 3 doesn't show up in the playoffs while they both have identical stats in the last 3 years.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
craziest thing that gets overlooked in this series is the Bruins are doing with with their Top 2 centers combining for a 0-4-4, -4 stat line.

Coyle and Zacha have been beyond useless

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I forgot those don’t count. I’ll go tell the NHL that scoring insurance goals to put teams away is actually a bad thing.

Empty net merchants are needed too.

However using empty net assists to separate a players stats from playoff choker to great playoff star is quite the reach.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Basically:

Pasternak has had some elite playoff performances in his career on a few occasions.

To my knowledge none of the core 4 have had any elite performances for a playoff run. And even on their better year

Fair yes?

Reactions: CDN24

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Pasternak has had some elite playoff performances in his career on a few occasions.

To my knowledge none of the core 4 have had any elite performances for a playoff run. And even on their better year

Fair yes?

Matthews last 2 years playoffs have been pretty good. The same with Marner and Nylander.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
craziest thing that gets overlooked in this series is the Bruins are doing with with their Top 2 centers combining for a 0-4-4, -4 stat line.

Coyle and Zacha have been beyond useless
I mean that’s playoff hockey. You can do that for any team.
The other guys need to step up when players get cold.
The problem with Toronto is none of the 4 ever really step up.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Empty net merchants are needed too.

However using empty net assists to separate a players stats from playoff choker to great playoff star is quite the reach.

No one was bragging about Pasta. This whole argument started with you saying he’s been disappointing. You brought him up to try and bash him to defend your core four for some crazy reason.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No one was bragging about Pasta. This whole argument started with you saying he’s been disappointing. You brought him up to try and bash him to defend your core four for some crazy reason.

No, I brought him up by saying Marner and Pastrnak have the same playoff stats so the video bashing both Marner and his dad was a ridiculous take.

Then people started bragging about Pastrnak's 2 empty net assists.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t mind if Pastrnak continues to be terrible and score at a point a game pace.
The other thing is Boston isn’t built to win track meets.

They are built from the back out, and win with team work, playing hard.

Toronto is built to win by scoring more…. If your best offensive players are scoring the same as pasta, chances are you are losing a lot of playoff series.

Toronto has 7 goals in 4 games…. 1.75 goals a game…. Their defense and goalie isn’t going to be able to overcome that.

Even worse the core 4 has 3 goals in 4 games.

Reactions: CDN24

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
The last 3 years proves my point.

Pastrnak is not some elite playoff stud if you're saying the Leafs core 3 doesn't show up in the playoffs while they both have identical stats in the last 3 years.

Is your point that the Leafs don't win in the playoffs? If so, yes. Somehow I doubt that's the point you're trying to make, but that is the point everyone understands, including you.

Takes a special person to go out of their way to troll when everyone can see his team is being severely outplayed in the playoffs. Good luck convincing everyone the Leafs core 4 (yes, it's 4) are amazing in the playoffs when they're all being outscored by freaking Brad Marchand and no one on the Leafs has more than a single goal in the series

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Is your point that the Leafs don't win in the playoffs? If so, yes. Somehow I doubt that's the point you're trying to make, but that is the point everyone understands, including you.

Takes a special person to go out of their way to troll when everyone can see his team is being severely outplayed in the playoffs. Good luck convincing everyone the Leafs core 4 (yes, it's 4) are amazing in the playoffs when they're all being outscored by freaking Brad Marchand and no one on the Leafs has more than a single goal in the series

The Core 4 haven't even played one full game together this series which is a big part of the reason Boston is up 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada
    Norway vs Canada