Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads advance.
The next round, the Central Division Finals, starts on Wednesday May 15th at 7 PM versus Grand Rapids.

Game 2 is on Monday, May 20th at 7 PM. (I will guess that UWM is having their graduation ceremonies on the weekend.)

The deciding Game 5, if necessary, will be Sunday May 26th at 5 PM.

The Admirals have not played the Griffins in the playoffs since 2016.

With the playoffs wins, Milwaukee (97 pts) is now 30-9 at Home this season.

Milwaukee was 3-1 at Home and 1-3 on the Road versus Grand Rapids. The Ads lost the last game of the season at GR in OT 2-1 while playing all of their young skaters, who averaged less than 10 AHL games.

The second ranked Grand Rapids (86 pts) defeated the third place IceHogs (85 pts) in 4 games.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The next round, the Central Division Finals, starts on Wednesday May 15th at 7 PM versus Grand Rapids.

Game 2 is on Monday, May 20th at 7 PM. (I will guess that UWM is having their graduation ceremonies on the weekend.)

With the playoffs wins, Milwaukee is now 30-9 at Home this season.
So starting at home this time?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

With the playoffs wins, Milwaukee (97 pts) is now 30-9 at Home this season.

Milwaukee was 3-1 at Home and 1-3 on the Road versus Grand Rapids. The Ads lost the last game of the season at GR in OT 2-1 while playing all of their young skaters, who averaged less than 10 AHL games.

The second ranked Grand Rapids (86 pts) defeated the third place IceHogs (85 pts) in 4 games.
Medical College of Wisconsin on Friday and UWM on Sunday. Nothing on Saturday. I guess it's different because theoretically the game could go to like 5 OTs and take 6 hours leaving little turnover time for Sunday (graduation ceremonies start at 9 on Sunday) but you could easily get around that by starting the game at like 2 on Saturday. You would definitely get a much better crowd at 2 on a Saturday than you will at 7 on a Monday.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Medical College of Wisconsin on Friday and UWM on Sunday. Nothing on Saturday. I guess it's different because theoretically the game could go to like 5 OTs and take 6 hours leaving little turnover time for Sunday (graduation ceremonies start at 9 on Sunday) but you could easily get around that by starting the game at like 2 on Saturday. You would definitely get a much better crowd at 2 on a Saturday than you will at 7 on a Monday.
The Ads have averaged 5000 a game in the playoffs. Some years it has been 2500 to 3000. Sunday was Mother's Day and a Brewers afternoon game and they still drew 4833 fans.

I know of 3 people who will be there for Wednesday's game.

The Ads draw best on Fridays and Saturdays.

Reactions: cjerina

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The Ads have averaged 5000 a game in the playoffs. Some years it has been 2500 to 3000. Sunday was Mother's Day and a Brewers afternoon game and they still drew 4833 fans.

I know of 3 people who will be there for Wednesday's game.

The Ads draw best on Fridays and Saturdays.
The 2500 seemed generous on a number of those games, even if that's what the published attendance was. Its been impressive to see how full the arena has been for these games.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals host the Grand Rapids Griffins (Dead Things) in Game 1 of the Division Finals.

The Ads were 4-3-1 against GR, and 3-1 at home against the second place Griffins.

The Griffins have two players with 3 playoff goals, #27 center Austin Czarnik and #48 forward Jonatan Berggren (not misspelled).

The Admirals counter with Phil Tomasino with 3 goals and Zach L'Heureux with 5 G and 4 A for an awesome 9 points.

The starters are Troy in goal. Del Gaizo at LD and Ufko on RD. Ozzy at LW, Svechkov at C and Tomasino at RW.

Sebastian Costa in goal for the victims. I mean GR. All 6'6" of him. GR has a 6'8" LW.

Blatant penalty not called on GR in the slot. Parsnip was pulled down. GR goes down the ice and scores. The fans were booing ref #47, Mike Sullivan, before the goal. Kemell pulled down in the O-zone, no call by #47 again! Nice elbow by Johansson at the Blue line. Not called. With 8:44 remaining, the SOG are 4-1 GR. Note: The Ads had a shot that hit Cossa and dropped next to the right post. It was not counted.

92 jumped on Tomasino's back and no call. Lots of "Heys" from the fans on that non-call. Schaefer with a big hit in the NE corner. A shot hit Cossa in the chest. That did not count as a SOG either. After the whistle 3 Griffins go after Ads players, no call. It was Didier, the Captain against Gross in the SW corner, and 2 guys pushing Svechkov at the bottom of the right circle. Svech and Parsnip look angry!

Zach (6) scores straight down the slot at 16:35. Assist to Parssinen (6).

Edit: Ufko (3) was was given a secondary assist during intermission.

One of the linesman does not know how to drop a puck. Really? At this time of the year? SOG 6-4 GR, according to the scoreboard.

The Ads had the first SOG of period 2. It had a big rebound, but the Ads did not get to it. Schaefer just took a stick to the face by the Ads bench. NOTHING is a penalty on GR.

GR scores on a 2-on-1, to make it 2-1.
Egor gets a Holding penalty. Then he was Xchecked in the NE corner. My wife's comment, "Like they (GR) haven't been holding the whole game". After the whistle at 11:18, Didier goes behind the GR net to mug L'Heureux. No call on that! Again, that was all AFTER the whistle!

Ufko with a shot from the left point that Cossa did not catch. It trickled just wide! At 7:45 remaining, the SOG were 10 apiece. If the Ads can get more SOG, they will score a bunch on this guy. Mutter for Delay. A real penalty! Seconds before, an Admiral was pushed down from behind twice at the far Blue line and there was no call. That is Interference!

Tomasino (4) scores 5-hole to tie the game on a rebound. The refs are reviewing. Why? The goal is good. Assists to Ozzy (3) and Svechkov (3). SOG were 12-4 Admirals totals are 16-10.

Period 3 begins with the linesmen getting in the way of the Ads offense twice in 90 seconds. Mutter and then Weatherby just creamed two Griffins. At the other end, 2 or 3 Griffins were digging at Troy when he was laying on the puck. The Ads players pushed them around a lot after the slow whistle.

Foudy with a wicked shot. 12 jousting with Ufko after the whistle. Mutter grabs 12 and drags him toward the NW corner. 12 elbows Mutter in the stomach 3 or 4 times. No call.

GR called for Tripping Schaefer. I believe that is their first penalty called in this game. Then 43 throws Schaefer's stick down the ice. Just 2 minutes. Ads tripped on the PP, no call.

GR scores off the crossbar. 18 Xchecks the Ads RW before the puck drop and no call. Schaefer smashed somebody in the neutral zone. Several cheap shots by Griffins AFTER the whistle. Two of the Admirals hit them back. The Ads missed an open net. They could have 4 or 5 goals if they could get the puck on frame. GR players cheap shotting each other! Cossa took swipes at Foudy and Ufko! Weisblatt Xchecked down in front of ref #46 Stephen Hiff when the puck was in another zone. L'Heureux punched in the back of the head off of the last face off. L'Heureux complaining to the moron refs. Weatherby tripped behind the play. GR called for a hand pass.Just 2:36 left. Troy comes out. Penalty on Del Gaizo for a trip. Hooking? 1:01 left, TO Ads. ENG.

The Ads tried hard to score. The final was 4-2 GR. The SOG were 27-14 Ads.

Milwaukee had 3 minors and Grand Rapids was called for 1 minor of the 50 they committed in of 3266 bewildered fans.

Edit:
After the game, some fan on the sidewalk in front of the arena was yelling "the refs screwed the Admirals!".

It wasn't me, but I agree 100%

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My thoughts on Game 1.

The Ads need to pass less and shoot more.
When they do pass, it needs to be crisper.

The Ads need to get more shots on frame.
They need to shoot faster so the lanes do not get clogged.

The Ads need to score more early goals because they don't seem to score in period 3. I noticed that against Texas.

This goalie gave up a lot of rebounds and had difficulty catching the puck. He does not always square up to the shooter. The Ads passed the puck through his crease a few times. They need to take advantage of those weaknesses that Cossa showed and finish their chances.

The Admirals could have scored 4 to 6 goals in this game and won.

Grand Rapids took advantage of their chances and scored 3 goals on 14 shots. Troy had no chance on the 2nd and 3rd goals. The D needs to be better.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
But, but... Tomasino doesn't have any "compete"

What a load of shit.

And Troy saved the Ads last round but 3 goals on 13 shots is pretty brutal. Will be interesting to see if they go back to Askarov.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
But, but... Tomasino doesn't have any "compete"

What a load of shit.

And Troy saved the Ads last round but 3 goals on 13 shots is pretty brutal. Will be interesting to see if they go back to Askarov.
Had the same thoughts on Askarov. I couldn't see a scenario where he got back in without a loss and poor performance by Groesnick. We will see if this qualifies I suppose. I know playoffs wins are important for development for the entire team, but I'd really like to see Askarov get some more games as well.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Had the same thoughts on Askarov. I couldn't see a scenario where he got back in without a loss and poor performance by Groesnick. We will see if this qualifies I suppose. I know playoffs wins are important for development for the entire team, but I'd really like to see Askarov get some more games as well.
I'm pretty sure this same scenario played out last year and when Askarov got a 2nd chance he did much better

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
L'Heureux may soon take over as the #1 scorer in the entire AHL playoffs... even with his team getting a play-in bye... he is #2 now, and just eliminated Bourque and Blumel from Texas who are #1 and #3...

I'm really confident that Tomasino and Parssinen are already NHL-level players. And L'Heureux is outperforming even them (while they are also both doing very well). So IMO this bodes extremely well for L'Heureux being on the Preds next season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad