U18: Czech U18 team 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well you were right and I was wrong. I said semi's all along. You said the team was f***ed all along. You were right!
Doesnt bring me any joy. That team was so good on the paper, but the way it played, It was so dissapointing. Havent been that dissapointed with czech hockey team at any level for a long time, and that there was a lot of candidates lol. I think this even suprassed that senior WCH fiasco last year. That team was at least weak and played basically at its level. This was hundret levels below what this U18 is capable of.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Honestly, I'm already afraid of what a year younger selection will show in the next season. After this complete fiasco, we can't be sure of anything anymore. At the beginning of the season we are tied with Canada and at the end of the season we show this shit?? Like, f*** off.
And after this, I really stop wearing rose-colored glasses and I'll name everything out loud.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Doesnt bring me any joy. That team was so good on the paper, but the way it played, It was so dissapointing. Havent been that dissapointed with czech hockey team at any level for a long time, and that there was a lot of candidates lol. I think this even suprassed that senior WCH fiasco last year. That team was at least weak and played basically at its level. This was hundret levels below what this U18 is capable of.
Slovakia has beat us 4 in a row here.

Like you mentioned.. we scored a tonne with the same squad and didn't do shit here offensively.

Options:

1. the coach is an idiot and stifled our offence
2. Adam Jiricek is that damn good and we really missed him
3. the CHL ruined all our players and I blame Canada for all of it
4. all our players are overrated and suck
5. we are cursed at the U18

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Not controversial... I would've said Milota. Can't say Galvas or Fibigr impressed me much despite me being a huge fan of theirs.

So I would've gone Milota, Jecho and Sikora. Or Curran, Jecho and Sikora.

What a shit show... awful giveaway in first minute for a stupid penalty to Mrtka. Seeing eye shot goes in after 1 minute of play. Mrtka with 5 and a game. An absolute tragic squeaker of a goal after another D gave it away. And the other goal was also a very nervous looking D f***ing it up.lol

Needed more Skok IMO.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Like you mentioned.. we scored a tonne with the same squad and didn't do shit here offensively.

Options:

It may be a combination of all five lol, hopefully not that 4. though

I really think those are good players, they showed it at hlinka, been showing it the whole season in clubs, if you play good whole season and then suck this hard at the final tournament, something must be off elsewhere hopefully

Can be bad coach and team staff. Can be just bad form at that time, a bad luck and boy did we had a bad luck, even though sucking so hard today, we still had much more scoring chances then Slovaks, but if we cant even score on a completely empty net, its hard, and its not just that, it wass a post here, puck cleared from goal line there, a lot of those situations, we just didnt got that gift of a lucky goal as slovaks did, but that cant be and excuse

As goodman said I am worried what will come next year, That team should be even stronger on paper, but if they also fail this miserably, then maybe we all do have a rose goggles and our youth hockey still suck big time lol

Not controversial... I would've said Milota. Can't say Galvas or Fibigr impressed me much despite me being a huge fan of theirs.

So I would've gone Milota, Jecho and Sikora. Or Curran, Jecho and Sikora.

What a shit show... awful giveaway in first minute for a stupid penalty to Mrtka. Seeing eye shot goes in after 1 minute of play. Mrtka with 5 and a game. An absolute tragic squeaker of a goal after another D gave it away. And the other goal was also a very nervous looking D f***ing it up.lol

Needed more Skok IMO.lol

Milota could not have been best player of the team since his unbeliavable mistakes probably cost us SF. No matter how good or bad he played before, you just cant do this and then be named a best player on the team imo lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Options:

I am convinced that it is primarily the coach's fault. We weren't focused.
We made schoolboy mistakes, like what Švec did before conceding the second goal, was he playing on Makar? It was also clear from other situations in other matches that the mental setting was not right. I can't imagine that they would make similar fatal mistakes under Rulík.
In fact, it follows that the vast majority of players performed pathetically, far below their potential.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
We made schoolboy mistakes, like what Švec did before conceding the second goal, was he playing on Makar? It was also clear from other situations in other matches that the mental setting was not right. I can't imagine that they would make similar fatal mistakes under Rulík.
In fact, it follows that the vast majority of players performed pathetically, far below their potential.
11 goals in 5 games. Just pathetic output. And we had talented forwards and D who can score. Nothing.. absolutely nothing. Who was the Hlinka coach?

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It may be a combination of all five lol, hopefully not that 4. though

I really think those are good players, they showed it at hlinka, been showing it the whole season in clubs, if you play good whole season and then suck this hard at the final tournament, something must be off elsewhere hopefully

Can be bad coach and team staff. Can be just bad form at that time, a bad luck and boy did we had a bad luck, even though sucking so hard today, we still had much more scoring chances then Slovaks, but if we cant even score on a completely empty net, its hard, and its not just that, it wass a post here, puck cleared from goal line there, a lot of those situations, we just didnt got that gift of a lucky goal as slovaks did, but that cant be and excuse

As goodman said I am worried what will come next year, That team should be even stronger on paper, but if they also fail this miserably, then maybe we all do have a rose goggles and our youth hockey still suck big time lol

Milota could not have been best player of the team since his unbeliavable mistakes probably cost us SF. No matter how good or bad he played before, you just cant do this and then be named a best player on the team imo lol
A goalkeeper cannot afford to be so inconsistent. Milota was funny in many situations. More like crying for a Czech fan.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I agree I don't want to be that guy who blames everything on coach and staff, but when you see players underperforming so badly, it's really hard not to see it as a coach fault.

Cermak also doesn't have any impressive coaching career so far. Maybe this is above his skill and what he can do.

But who to bring instead?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Now my biggest concern is, that this will not hurt our guys at draft so much.

Jiricek and Badinka weren't there so they are safe.

Jecho, Galvas, Curran at least met some standards but didn't Excell so we will see.

Benak a Mrtka have a whole year to repair their reputation.

But those mid guys who would go somewhere round 4-7 and played really poorly idk

We talked like 12 players can get drafted, After this I am worried it will not be such an optimistic number

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I agree I don't want to be that guy who blames everything on coach and staff, but when you see players underperforming so badly, it's really hard not to see it as a coach fault.

Cermak also doesn't have any impressive coaching career so far. Maybe this is above his skill and what he can do.

But who to bring instead?
After this performance, I would most like to promote Patera to the position of U18 coach. He did a great job this year. Unfortunately, he goes to train in the extra league. On the contrary, in my opinion, Čermák has lost confidence and must be fired.
Now my biggest concern is, that this will not hurt our guys at draft so much.

Jiricek and Badinka weren't there so they are safe.

Jecho, Galvas, Curran at least met some standards but didn't Excell so we will see.

Benak a Mrtka have a whole year to repair their reputation.

But those mid guys who would go somewhere round 4-7 and played really poorly idk

We talked like 12 players can get drafted, After this I am worried it will not be such an optimistic number
The best player was Sikora. Not that he was Nečas or anything, but he played well. Definitely better than the vast majority of the team.

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
After this performance, I would most like to promote Patera to the position of U18 coach. He did a great job this year. Unfortunately, he goes to train in the extra league. On the contrary, in my opinion, Čermák has lost confidence and must be fired.

The best player was Sikora. Not that he was Nečas or anything, but he played well. Definitely better than the vast majority of the team.
Yeah he really stood out among the numerous dissapoinments. Maybe only guy who can raise a couple in the rankings lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00