Confirmed: Garpenlöv is quitting after this season

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
It was an awful choice to go with Garpenlöv from day one. If it's Montén I'm changing nationality to Norway. Guess I need to go buy myself a Lusekofta...

Would be interesting to think outside the box and not hire a Swede. We could use someone who is far from what the federation usually hires.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some voices are raised that Tre Kronor should use 4 different coaches in EHT next season, as we did 2004-2005, then the one succeding most gets the job.

Hallam
Rönnberg
Hellqvist
Niklas Eriksson

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, Hallam said he is intrested.

But i must be the only one in Sweden who dont think he is anything special. Växjö is a self-playing piano with all the good players they have. Dont need good coach to have success in SHL with the monster rosters they have year after year. And its alarming that Växjö is horrible in CL. Could be a sign that Hallams coaching dont work in international tournaments.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The best Finish coach , i would love to beat Finland with a Finish coach.

No we need a stab. Rönnberg , Kronwall with D . And David Attenborough as bench commentator.
-Oooh look at the array of toothless bobbeling heads, gazing over the vast landscape of ice, also called the crease.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
The best Finish coach , i would love to beat Finland with a Finish coach.

No we need a stab. Rönnberg , Kronwall with D . And David Attenborough as bench commentator.
-Oooh look at the array of toothless bobbeling heads, gazing over the vast landscape of ice, also called the crease.

Rather: Look at this spoiled multi-millionaire manchild chewing away on his tooth guard without a care in the world. It does not matter that the game is still in close contention, not for him no. Indeed, he arrogantly attempts a toedrag at the blueline, vigilantly punished by a defending Finnish player who’s now off on a breakaway, and the game is tied.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Well, Hallam said he is intrested.

But i must be the only one in Sweden who dont think he is anything special. Växjö is a self-playing piano with all the good players they have. Dont need good coach to have success in SHL with the monster rosters they have year after year. And its alarming that Växjö is horrible in CL. Could be a sign that Hallams coaching dont work in international tournaments.

I just want for Växjö to lose every pricey commodity they ever had and finally crash out of the SHL, including Hallam.

Reactions: Aahlstroem

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Rather: Look at this spoiled multi-millionaire manchild chewing away on his tooth guard without a care in the world. It does not matter that the game is still in close contention, not for him no. Indeed, he arrogantly attempts a toedrag at the blueline, vigilantly punished by a defending Finnish player who’s now off on a breakaway, and the game is tied.
Yeah there should be more toothless players when most young players only chew on the toothguard.

But the highest paid Swedish young player must be Nylander. And usually is one of the best on the national team.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Crazy idea...

But what about Abbott from Rogle? He's been a tremendous coach over there. I don't believe the coach has to be a national of the country they're coaching, but I may be wrong.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I would love Abbott as the headcoach for tre kronor

Me too. I'm an American who has become a huge fan of SHL hockey and Rogle is my favorite team there. The way the Abbotts have built that team, and the system they play is really exciting to watch. And he's done a tremendous job with the youth on that team in Wallinder, Kasper, and both Hoglander and Seider last season.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Me too. I'm an American who has become a huge fan of SHL hockey and Rogle is my favorite team there. The way the Abbotts have built that team, and the system they play is really exciting to watch. And he's done a tremendous job with the youth on that team in Wallinder, Kasper, and both Hoglander and Seider last season.

Chris Abbott, his twin, is doing a good job aswell, as the GM.

Both of them understand fluent swedish, but prefers to speak in english.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad