Can Sweden challenge Canada, USA and Finland in 4 nations cup next year?

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Eye of Ra is like that old person who used to be a VIP,

- nowadays always looking for confirmation that he/she still is... at least not totally out of it

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Is Eye of Ra that Malmö and Philly supporter named Niclas Vicberg? From NHL podcast svenskafans. He was or is a skåning and likes to be sarcastic.
The US slight favorites before Canada. And a big gap to Finland and perhaps a tiny bit bigger to Sweden.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Is Eye of Ra that Malmö and Philly supporter named Niclas Vicberg? From NHL podcast svenskafans. He was or is a skåning and likes to be sarcastic.
The US slight favorites before Canada. And a big gap to Finland and perhaps a tiny bit bigger to Sweden.
Wait, you are saying Finland has a better roster on paper than Sweden?

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Wait, you are saying Finland has a better roster on paper than Sweden?
No. But do I think Finland with Jalonen and their top9 and especially center quality together with solid goaltending could be enough to win against Sweden in a tournament? Perhaps.

There is something with Barkov, Aho, Hintz and Lundell as centers with their two ability and Jalonens coaching that excites me and makes me believe Finland would have a good TEAM ON ICE.
That's probably why I've felt it being a big bummer for us Finnish fans with of the lack of best-on-best these last years. Because there is a chance we have the deepest roster and most competitive roster on paper we've ever had. And it's not like Jalonen is any worse compared to earlier coaches...

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No. But do I think Finland with Jalonen and their top9 and especially center quality together with solid goaltending could be enough to win against Sweden in a tournament? Perhaps.
Jalonen last tournament is the WC. Pennanen is the new coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad