Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Nice to see Ron give some love to David Ling as a Stankoven comparison, I grew up with him (he was a year or two older than me)

Kind of obscure but I love it lol

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dallas needs better goaltending or they might be coming back for game 7

Jake is solid but he had an off night.

I don’t really get it how can a team be down 3 games to 1 and look like they are finished but they actually go into the other teams building and come from behind twice in a game that they are trailing to keep the series alive?? In Winnipeg I am so use to watching our team get behind in a series and get steam rolled 4 games strait. What is this push back thing I am witnessing :laugh:

Well done Colorado.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Thrive is an interesting definition of what they're doing.

Yes, thriving. Not everyone is a superstar.

Eyssimont played his first full NHL season (81 games), plus player, respectable ~12 mins toi average. What did he get in Winnipeg, around 20 NHL games? Now he is part of the starting lineup on a competitive NHL team. Thriving

Chisholm got 4 NHL games in 3 years with the Jets organization. Immediately after being picked up by Minny, in less than 4 months he has played 29 NHL games. Thriving.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012

Eyssimont played his first full NHL season (81 games), plus player, respectable ~12 mins toi average. What did he get in Winnipeg, around 20 NHL games? Now he is part of the starting lineup on a competitive NHL team. Thriving

Chisholm got 4 NHL games in 3 years with the Jets organization. Immediately after being picked up by Minny, in less than 4 months he has played 29 NHL games. Thriving.

I might not agree with the word thriving but they are getting a legitimate opportunity to show what they can do. Look at Roslovic playing on the first line for the NY Rangers. Would he have ever got that oppotunity here? Has Ehlers got a fair opportunity to reach his true potential? Has Heinola got a fair chance to prove what he can do?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

They're getting opportunities but it seems like your definition of thriving in the NHL is just playing regular games. Which is fine but it seems like the bar is pretty low.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

True. The bar for ex-Jets used to be getting a cup of coffee.

Then it was getting semi-regular NHL games.

Then it was entrenchment in an NHL lineup.

Then it was first line / first-pairing duties.

Now it seems to be a star in the league.

Kovy wasn't pushing DeMelo out of a spot -- but we could have used a steady RHD who brings mobility, physicality and a good first pass on the 3rd pair.

Essy wasn't pushing KFC off the first line -- but with his speed, motor, tenacity and level of skill he arguably brings more than a few guys we field in our bottom 6. He's no passenger.

I don't think Chisholm is nearly as useful a player to us -- but he's shown at least as well as Stan, that 6' 7" habit we can't seem to quit.

None of these three -- with the possible exception of Kovy -- were players who were going to make or break the Jets. But he and Essy are legit NHLers who have been plus players for their teams. And they are proof that the Jets, like every other team, do not invariably get everything right in their scouting / personnel decisions.

So yes, they're thriving. Good for them. All three of those guys deserve it.

adjective
  1. That thrives; successful; flourishing or prospering.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Why are people calling Eyssimont a Jets prospect? He was drafted by the Kings in 2016 and played 2 more years of college hockey and 3 seasons in the AHL before he played for the Moose at age of 24

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
True. The bar for ex-Jets used to be getting a cup of coffee.

Then it was getting semi-regular NHL games.

Then it was entrenchment in an NHL lineup.

Then it was first line / first-pairing duties.

Now it seems to be a star in the league.

Kovy wasn't pushing DeMelo out of a spot -- but we could have used a steady RHD who brings mobility, physicality and a good first pass on the 3rd pair.

Essy wasn't pushing KFC off the first line -- but with his speed, motor, tenacity and level of skill he arguably brings more than a few guys we field in our bottom 6. He's no passenger.

I don't think Chisholm is nearly as useful a player to us -- but he's shown at least as well as Stan, that 6' 7" habit we can't seem to quit.

None of these three -- with the possible exception of Kovy -- were players who were going to make or break the Jets. But he and Essy are legit NHLers who have been plus players for their teams. And they are proof that the Jets, like every other team, do not invariably get everything right in their scouting / personnel decisions.

So yes, they're thriving. Good for them. All three of those guys deserve it.

adjective
  1. That thrives; successful; flourishing or prospering.
Good points ... the playoffs has shown everyone what the Jets are missing ... toughness.
While Kovacevic (RHD) and Eyssimont (C) are only bottom 6 and bottom pairing the Jets could have used their toughness for the playoffs but here is the kicker ... Kovacevic $766,667 until 2025 and Eyssimont $800,000 until 2025.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Why are people calling Eyssimont a Jets prospect? He was drafted by the Kings in 2016 and played 2 more years of college hockey and 3 seasons in the AHL before he played for the Moose at age of 24
Also he had 25 points. We aren't exactly talking about a big miss here.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Also he had 25 points. We aren't exactly talking about a big miss here.
Shhhhh.... he's "thriving" lol

People call Appleton "AHLpleton" around here to shit on him but he put up 36 points last year, often playing against other teams better players

Gives you an idea how some people's biases work

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jake is solid but he had an off night.

I don’t really get it how can a team be down 3 games to 1 and look like they are finished but they actually go into the other teams building and come from behind twice in a game that they are trailing to keep the series alive?? In Winnipeg I am so use to watching our team get behind in a series and get steam rolled 4 games strait. What is this push back thing I am witnessing :laugh:

Well done Colorado.
Fun (?) fact: The Carolina Hurricanes have won more elimination games in their current series than the Jets/Thrashers franchise has in its 24 year history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad