Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Culture is such a stupid word. Blackhawks were winning Cups and rotten to the core. Ownership, managers, coaches, lawyers and not one of them is concerned with ethics or community. And the media fed us article after article on leadership and culture and winning and it’s all bullshit
“When I hear the word culture, I reach for my gun”, Hanns Johst.

Reactions: Tuna99

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I think the joke he was originally going for was that progressives demand inclusivity, so they'd be upset at a name only being about Mormons.
Wallet Inspector said:
I think the joke he was originally going for was that progressives demand inclusivity, so they'd be upset at a name only being about morons.
I think it was less a joke and more an attempt to rile up some culture war nonesense...
The Inspectors quote before editing.

Why Utah Mormons is a real bad idea

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
In what way? Religious affiliation broken down by political ideology has a heavy slant towards conservatives. That gap is only growing too.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that as a slight one way or the other, simply that if someone is going to raise a stink about their denomination not being included or about it being sacrilegious it's going to be religious folks and they aren't likely to be progressives lol

What you don’t seem to understand, progressives take it upon themselves to make the claim that this group, or that group would be offended if not,included.

Progressive sit at home looking for something to be offended about, or something that another group should be offended about.

It wasn’t native Americans that objected about the Washington Reskins team nickname, in fact the majority either Supported or were not offended by the Redskins name…. Progressive activists were the driving force behind the movement to rename the team… because progressives know better that you, and what you should, be offended by…. It all started with political correctness about twenty five years ago, in universities… and now has spread into the mainstream as the woke movement.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What you don’t seem to understand, progressives take it upon themselves to make the claim that this group, or that group would be offended if not,included.

Progressive sit at home looking for something to be offended about, or something that another group should be offended about.

It wasn’t native Americans that objected about the Washington Reskins team nickname, in fact the majority either Supported or were not offended by the Redskins name…. Progressive activists were the driving force behind the movement to rename the team… because progressives know better that you, and what you should, be offended by…. It all started with political correctness about twenty five years ago, in universities… and now has spread into the mainstream as the woke movement.
Bullshit. There is a line between wackos wanting every single little thing changed or eliminated, and those that want to change some things that make sense.

First Nations groups have voiced for years that some of the names used were offensive. Hard to believe they could be upset, they only lost an estimated 50% of their population from the genocide during colonization.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

And then there are other's who bring it up out of the blue to start random culture wars on hockey forums :sarcasm:

Reactions: Micklebot

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think it was less a joke and more an attempt to rile up some culture war nonesense...

The poster suggested Mormons as the Utah nickname, and I responded with obvious reaction from progressive activists… in jest, but yes it would happen. ….. it’s not nonsense…. It’s reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad