Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of course he will because it's McDavid but he wasn't aiming for his face, the push from behind made him fall forward and down into a cross check aimed for the chest.

Because McDavid? Since when do they not suspend players for this, even without intent?

That's a stick bending around McDavid's throat, I'd be surprised if he can swallow food after that. Most players are on IR after that. Regardless of who it was against or intent, that should be a suspension.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Canes are still cooked

The series is 3-2 and while I still believe the NYR will manage to win one of the next two games, it's been really close and far from over. I've watched all the games in the series (it's been a great one) and apart from NYR collapsing in the 3rd period of game 5, all the games have been tight, 2 going into OT. The biggest difference has been special teams (Canes are -1 on the PP :D ) and Canes taking some really stupid penalties in key moments.

Usually when one team is up 3-0 it's because they've been significantly better, so it makes sense a comeback from that is super rare. But in cases when a team has managed to come back even to 3-2 from 3-0, they've ended up winning the series 4 times out 22 - if I recall correctly 22 teams have taken a series to 3-2 after being down 3-0, 9 out of those 22 won game 6 and 4 out of those 9 won game 7 - someone posted the numbers on mains but going by memory so I might a bit off, but that's in the ball park at least I'm sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad