Arena Football League relaunching with 16 teams in 2024

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
What's the over/under on this league actually completing a full season? And if so how many teams fold mid-season? Even the IFL looks more professional than this crap.
A few teams that may have ambitions of joining the IFL or the NAL in the future might stick it out. Everybody else is going to fold up shop in short order.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

This looks like the dusk before the dusk.

Gotta feel for the players and staff who fell for this what's looking like a scam dressed in nostalgia.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

This looks like the dusk before the dusk.

Gotta feel for the players and staff who fell for this what's looking like a scam dressed in nostalgia.

I am not surprised about these teams being the ones having no money whatsoever. Georgia had no cash for home games so they would effectively be a traveling team and we're forced to travel across the country to Oregon, Louisiana is a tire fire, and Minnesota expected Hutton to come by with cash directly and he never did.

Reactions: Mightygoose

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
8 teams or more could fold as soon as tomorrow, the NFL Network deal is dead (the AFL was supposed to pay 1.5 million dollars for the airtime and simply didn't), players aren't getting paid, several of the venues don't have the proper boards or nets.

Scam from the outset.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
As it stands, the AFL was always in the possession of Cryptobros (in this case, HUMBL) and Lee Hutton was the figurehead who thought that the money would come immediately and pay for everything at once.

GindyDraws

Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
And as of today, a lawsuit by another indoor league has forced West Texas from playing while insolvency has shut down a bunch of other teams.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The arena league was cool back in the late 80's-early 90's. But it serves no purpose now as the NFL itself has turned into the arena league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad