Confirmed with Link: Andrew Gibson signs 3 year ELC

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Extremely comfortable on the puck and sound decision-making as well. Was really impressed with him the couple times I saw him play in Sudbury this year.

I thought he was billed as being super physical pre draft? Or am I thinking of Shady Brady Cleveland....

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Oh good, most of us have been struggling to figure out who to pencil in next to Cleveland in our future projections.
Most of the evaluations are pre-draft from last year...since then he grew an inch 6'3" vs 6'4" and put on 10 pounds or more, I would like to see more of him before deciding, but those that have seen him a bit this year, seem to think he will be a good one. I am just glad there are some more RHD in the system that may make an impact, even if a few years away.

Reactions: jaster

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I thought he was billed as being super physical pre draft? Or am I thinking of Shady Brady Cleveland....
He is a physical player at this level yes...though it's tough to assess whether that's something that will translate once he reaches the AHL, or if it's something he simply does easily at the junior level where it's quite easy to throw the body around just by being bigger than most players and being a good player.

I dunno, thats just how I see physical play in this day and age where speed/skating are vastly more important and the game is in general alot less physical than it was 20 years ago. Not that it doesn't matter or anything, I just don't think it's something that fully translates from the junior levels in alot of cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad