Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
New Athletic Mock v2.0 is out, and the story hasn't changed... At 14 we have a choice between Helenius, MBN, Jiricek, and Solberg, and they have us taking Jiricek (which I still think is not as likely as Solberg if we go D)... DET takes Helenius, STL takes Solberg, and MBN falls to the Caps as another Leonard type.

If this is what we're seeing at 14, I'm guessing we go Solberg, DET takes MBN, STL takes Jiricek and Helenius amazingly falls to the Caps. But who tf knows. I do think The Athletic seems to be settled in their groove and probably won't change much from here. I would also rather see a mock purely from Pronman who has better insight than the other journalists/beat writers.
Where did Sennecke go? The more I read up on him and watch his highlights the more I like.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I eagerly anticipate when Pronman gets some actual info about who the Sharks are really considering at 14 instead of the Athletic writers just giving us Jiricek because we need D.
You will be waiting a while, I’d imagine. I do think Jiricek is a legit option for us just based on the level of talk around us and him.

Last two years I think reports came out like DAYS before the draft about our targets. With 4th overall, it was widely rumored it was Smith but that was week of when it was reported that Michkov wasn’t interviewing with all teams. With the year before I remember either day of or day before, Sheng posted our list was Mintyukov, Korchinski, Kasper, Savoie (I think that was the list) who all went the picks before us.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
I eagerly anticipate when Pronman gets some actual info about who the Sharks are really considering at 14 instead of the Athletic writers just giving us Jiricek because we need D.
Agreed.

Jux, I value your insight and opinion. If you got to make pick #14 for the Sharks today, who would your choice be between Helenius, MBN, Solberg, and Jiricek?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You will be waiting a while, I’d imagine. I do think Jiricek is a legit option for us just based on the level of talk around us and him.

Last two years I think reports came out like DAYS before the draft about our targets. With 4th overall, it was widely rumored it was Smith but that was week of when it was reported that Michkov wasn’t interviewing with all teams. With the year before I remember either day of or day before, Sheng posted our list was Mintyukov, Korchinski, Kasper, Savoie (I think that was the list) who all went the picks before us.
Right, I expect we won’t have any real idea who the Sharks are actually considering until the week of the draft, if at all. I just want to consume more draft content right now, is that too much to ask???

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Agreed.

Jux, I value your insight and opinion. If you got to make pick #14 for the Sharks today, who would your choice be between Helenius, MBN, Solberg, and Jiricek?
I would take them in the order you’ve listed them. Helenius isn’t the best fit for our org but I think he’s a cut above the rest of them as players. I would be reasonably happy with MBN (mostly because he’s a great fit for the org), intrigued by Solberg, and slightly concerned with Jiricek, though it wouldn’t be “Timo Meier over Matt Barzal” levels of rage.

You don’t have to flatter me to get my opinion. :laugh:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would take them in the order you’ve listed them. Helenius isn’t the best fit for our org but I think he’s a cut above the rest of them as players. I would be reasonably happy with MBN (mostly because he’s a great fit for the org), intrigued by Solberg, and slightly concerned with Jiricek, though it wouldn’t be “Timo Meier over Matt Barzal” levels of rage.

We have the fake combine next week at least! Think it starts Tuesday.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California

Thanks for your insight! It would be hard for me to pass on MBN because I think he’s such an ideal fit. That being said, I agree with you that Helenius should probably be the pick in that scenario given his pedigree.

I was so disappointed by that Timo pick. I thought it was between Barzal and Rantanen. 😭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad