2024 Team Board Mock Draft

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah, the Flyers board is strange. I get the team has done nothing to inspire confidence from Hextall to Fletcher but any optimism is laughed at. It’s mostly a Flyers bashing forum. I’ve definitely noticed a mindset of “small= good, big=bad” there and it’s head scratching. Small players can be good but so can big players.

It is especially funny when you consider that Briere's marquee move to date was drafting a 5'10 Russian offensive prodigy over someone like Ryan Leonard, a prototypical Flyer that would have reeked of the Flyers chasing after their own Tkachuk.

Followed up by picking guys like Barkey, Ciernik, and Knuble. The Flyers forum is seriously going to freak out at Brent Flahr whenever someone over 6'1 gets drafted. We'll see so if Yakemchuk is selected, as if he's some off-the-board selection.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
It is especially funny when you consider that Briere's marquee move to date was drafting a 5'10 Russian offensive prodigy over someone like Ryan Leonard, a prototypical Flyer that would have reeked of the Flyers chasing after their own Tkachuk.

Followed up by picking guys like Barkey, Ciernik, and Knuble. The Flyers forum is seriously going to freak out at Brent Flahr whenever someone over 6'1 gets drafted. We'll see so if Yakemchuk is selected, as if he's some off-the-board selection.
Imagine if they came away from the 1st round with Silayev and Letourneau lol. I don’t have a problem with smaller players and there is definitely value in getting one who is overlooked but I don’t feel it’s crazy to say that in hockey (and sports) the ideal combination is size, speed, and skill. There’s just a bit of an agenda that goes on it that place. Not a good place to talk about the Flyers unfortunately. That Cutter Gauthier-Drysdale thread was crazy. Most didn’t like Cutter anyway. Anyway, the Flyers will walk away with a good prospect at 12 unless they majorly reach. HFflyers will react accordingly depending on the player

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Minnesota?
San Jose is getting the Yak and you are going to like it!
animal.gif

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I understand the Sennecke votes but don't get Eiserman at all, You got Celebrini and think "your playing with house money" and go for the riskiest option for your second 1st round pick, It just seems so illogical. Just go for the high end easily projectable powerforward that fits SJ's style in Chernyshov.

Sure he might not end up being a first line player but he would be placeable anywhere lower in the lineup. Meanwhile Eiserman is the 1st line winger that that figured it out with Celebrini or he's a bust because throwing a flawed player like him lower in the lineup won't work he'll just get even worse results

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I understand the Sennecke votes but don't get Eiserman at all, You got Celebrini and think "your playing with house money" and go for the riskiest option for your second 1st round pick, It just seems so illogical. Just go for the high end easily projectable powerforward that fits SJ's style in Chernyshov.

Sure he might not end up being a first line player but he would be placeable anywhere lower in the lineup. Meanwhile Eiserman is the 1st line winger that that figured it out with Celebrini or he's a bust because throwing a flawed player like him lower in the lineup won't work he'll just get even worse results

The thinking is that Eiserman and Celebrini are good friends and his one trick is very elite and a big need the Sharks have lacked in a long while.

I understand the appeal even though he wouldn't be my first choice of the options available. I don't see him as the riskiest choice of the names given and absolutely not illogical. That is just exaggeration.

Reactions: themelkman

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

This is exactly the discussion.

People are willing to bet on Eiserman rounding out his game and betting on one very elite skill. Other people (me included) don't like that.

Personally my list given our options in this mock goes: Solberg, Chernyshov, Sennecke, Jiricek, Emery, Eiserman. Trade back if you can for Emery. I'd be happy with the first three and very concerned with Eiserman.

Reactions: Xirik

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The thinking is that Eiserman and Celebrini are good friends and his one trick is very elite and a big need the Sharks have lacked in a long while.

I understand the appeal even though he wouldn't be my first choice of the options available. I don't see him as the riskiest choice of the names given and absolutely not illogical. That is just exaggeration.
Sharks also dont have many pure shooters. We could end up like calgary, with too many passers and no shooters.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sharks also dont have many pure shooters. We could end up like calgary, with too many passers and no shooters.
“Pure shooter” has to be the most overrated archetype in all of hockey. How many “pure shooters” are left in the playoffs? All the top goalscorers in the playoffs are guys who can also crash and bang and play in all situations or they’re equally good playmakers.

Besides, the only guy in our pool who is a “pure passer” is Smith, who can shoot it just fine as well.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
That’s not really the problem in CGY, though. There is just not enough skill, speed, or physicality in general. That wouldn’t be changed if we added a “pure shooter”. You have too many guys that don’t create offence at all, regardless if that’s by passing or shooting.

Reactions: Blueston

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Because it was a bad management. Montreal or near Montreal Canadiens media started sh1t on him before the draft. Michkov himself said that he didn't say he doesn't want to play in Montreal and when he was interviewed with them, their scout didn't even know where exactly he is playing and which hand.

So when Montreal decided to not take BPA, they made huge mistake to reach for Reinbacher who doesn't even look like best defenseman from that draft now. There would be at least three or more players who are looking like better players now. May be even more. And there were about two three players who looked better in the moment.

But RD was a huge need for Montreal, its questionable but Reinbacher looks like better two way RD than Yakemchuk or Parekh. So if they wanted RD no matter what, may be it was a decision they should make. If they tried to draft better player they missed very hard.

----

Its really interesting how ex Coyotes will act. I think they will pick Buium.
Where did you get this from, out of curiosity? I've never heard anything about this and I follow these boards pretty closely.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Eiserman appears likely to win poll #15 and the draft really opens up after this. A few of the players the Blues board have been highly discussing as options at 16 aren’t currently options in the polls. @Hasbro, for Poll #16, could you please add Luchanko, Badinka and Surin as options?

Reactions: Blueston

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If the Blues pick a forward it should be Chernyshov, He is the one with the most upside still while being a complete player. All the rest top out at 2nd line centers or are worse then Cherny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad