Speculation: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Duclair shouldn't even be given an offer from JBB tbh. He had a nice hot streak when joining us, but thenplayoffs showed you why this guy has been on like 7 other teams. He's not a piece you keep to build around your core. He doesn't really fit our system
I wouldn't go so far as to say he doesn't fit our system, because he does. His game is a revelation because it's built off speed. The issue with Duclair is the lack of presence on the forecheck. He's not as good as Point on the board and he doesn't have the vision like Kucherov in support. So, he ends up as the third wheel with speed that floats around. He's good at that, but that doesn't bode well for a +4M piece. His game doesn't really bolster our identity because you could always throw Hagel there and slide Paul up the lineup without using that extra 4M. Duclair is good and it's refreshing we explored that option, but I think you're right in saying that's probably why he's been on so many teams.

When a guy doesn't stick, there's probably valid reasons as to why. I think he's neutralized so easy coaches look elsewhere rather quickly.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Duclair shouldn't even be given an offer from JBB tbh. He had a nice hot streak when joining us, but thenplayoffs showed you why this guy has been on like 7 other teams. He's not a piece you keep to build around your core. He doesn't really fit our system

If you're using 5 game sample sizes then there are about 10 players on this roster who "don't fit in the system", no one from this "core" has performed the last 2 playoff years btw. Vasi has been well below average, Point has been ineffective, Kucherov useless at ES.

Talk about reaching for conclusions, the playoffs don't say anything about Duclair, the reason he moves teams is because most of his career was spent as a journeyman player and he eventually became a value player who constantly outprices himself. He was actually great for the Panthers on his final year with them in the playoffs, not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. He left the Panthers the same way Killorn, Palat, Goodrow and Coleman left our team, couldn't afford them with other priorities, guess they "fit the system" either?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad