Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I don't think he's amazing coach, but he may have been trying new things and nobody could execute those things either. The point is, his forwards and PPs have had success in the past, and I don't think he's this awful coach.
I don't think there are any truly awful coaches in the NHL, to be honest. It just seems more likely to me that 1 person is the problem vs. 10 people all having problems.

On another note, I was looking back at our past PP% and was reminded that in the 20-21 season (Pre-Newell) we had a PP% of 8.94% lol. Just insane.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't think there are any truly awful coaches in the NHL, to be honest. It just seems more likely to me that 1 person is the problem vs. 10 people all having problems.

On another note, I was looking back at our past PP% and was reminded that in the 20-21 season (Pre-Newell) we had a PP% of 8.94% lol. Just insane.
It can be difficult to get a bunch of guys to execute all at once if they aren't skilled enough, are inexperienced (which we've had a lot of) and don't have an aggressive PP mindset (Fowler). As somebody who's been around the pro game for a while, I wouldn't think he's just not thinking of certain strategies.

Again probably not the very best or most innovative, but i'm not willing to say he's the main reason we've struggled so much and would not be surprised if the Kings have a perfectly fine PP next year. It's much easier to fire one guy than several players.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
It can be difficult to get a bunch of guys to execute all at once if they aren't skilled enough, are inexperienced (which we've had a lot of) and don't have an aggressive PP mindset (Fowler). As somebody who's been around the pro game for a while, I wouldn't think he's just not thinking of certain strategies.

Again probably not the very best or most innovative, but i'm not willing to say he's the main reason we've struggled so much and would not be surprised if the Kings have a perfectly fine PP next year. It's much easier to fire one guy than several players.
I definitely agree with your last point, and I don't think it's all on Brown.

But IMO we have enough skill, experience, and aggression (I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Fowler isn't aggressive on the PP, considering he has around as many PPP as guys like OEL, Klingberg, and Gostisbehere who are all known for being offensive d-men) to have at least one competent powerplay unit. And yet the plan for at least 80% of the season was to have two incompetent units that stood around and did nothing.

Again, maybe he isn't that bad. But I don't think he's good lol

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad