Shanahan lives in New York?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It doesn’t, such a bizarre topic.
There is really no reason to believe he would be in the office any more regardless of where he lives.
Not really. If we all loved the work that Shanny has been doing then this topic wouldn't exist. Everything is in question and should have been long ago.

User Hellcat has been in this thread commenting on the type of work he does. I'm sure he's a tribute to his employer, and does good work. The debate isn't can this type of work be done remotely. The issue is more has he done well as President. Has working remotely been an issue? I say yes.

If you want to say that a team President is a figurehead and day to day decisions (roster, drafting, Marlies, free agents, hiring a coach, etc.) are for a GM to take care of. I would agree and that could in theory be done successfully from another country.

It's my opinion that Shanny has been more than a figurehead and has had his hands in a lot of GM decisions this whole time.

This layering of Lou & Dubas has insured his survival. I feel that his version of a President requires more presence with this hockey team, and not done in New York.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How many hours a week does he work here vs New York?

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Allowed? So you actually believe that the NHL/Bettman determine who does or doesn't win?

I've heard about people like you, but have never encountered one out in the wild.

Well that school is a half-knowledge college that doesn't have the slightest clue how corporations function.

Do you honestly think that the people working the line at Chrysler, Ford, etc. ever see their president? Immediate supervisors sure, but we're talking about Shanny here and he is the president.

I am a professor and I know my Associate Dean and Senior Dean, but have never knowingly laid eyes on the VP Academic or the school's President.

It simply doesn't happen in corporations in the real world.
University presidents spend all the time fundraising or recruiting. You can probably find them at the university's fancy restaurant of choice.

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
Acceptable for Shanny 100%, however this would never fly if Treliving tried this, so yes this applies only to certain positions within the organization.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Lower tax rate in NY? Maybe marginally?

Do you let your boss tell you where you may or may not live?
I am the boss and I wouldn’t hire a top executive who lived in another country. Show me one other NHL team that allows that. Basic requirement. You live in the Country, Province and vicinity of where the team plays.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Racist?? Wtf ,

There are literally thousands of universities you could have named, but you chose a name associated with a black African country so yes, you wer3e being racist.

There are hundreds of employees at Ford or Honda or any Corp that the CEO influences every day, and they then influence others throughout the organization.

You originally said "seeing the boss set the tempo". People on the line in factories such as Ford, Honda, etc. do not see the boss setting the tempo.

Unlike your role, you show up once a semester and send substitutes the rest of the time because you are too busy insulting people on web sites.

And there you go demonstrating how little you know about academia. I teach four classes per term Skippy, and teach every single meeting of each of them.

You certainly should consider getting an education

Unlike you, I've already gone to the point in education at which you can't go any further.

your opinions show you know little about corporate structures

Your comments here demonstrate that I know far more about corporate structures than you ever will - you think people on the factory floor see their CEOs and that the Leafs have 50 employees.

And yes, there are 50 employees of the Toronto Maples Leafs that Shanny could be influencing every day.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The fact that you believe that is hilarious.

Whether it be Treliving, a scout, a player or an usher, his presence has an impact.

But there's only 50 of them eh?

He didn't have a clue about what Dubas was planning to exit last year

Can you say that again, but in English this time?

Oh, bye the way, nice that you call your students eejits, which shows this whole schick is bs.. You are a piece of work

I said I deal with eejits, not that my students are eejits. Please learn how to read before responding any further.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
University presidents spend all the time fundraising or recruiting. You can probably find them at the university's fancy restaurant of choice.

At the President's gold tournament (yes, there is such a thing each year).

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
There are literally thousands of universities you could have named, but you chose a name associated with a black African country so yes, you wer3e being racist.

You originally said "seeing the boss set the tempo". People on the line in factories such as Ford, Honda, etc. do not see the boss setting the tempo.

And there you go demonstrating how little you know about academia. I teach four classes per term Skippy, and teach every single meeting of each of them.

Unlike you, I've already gone to the point in education at which you can't go any further.

Your comments here demonstrate that I know far more about corporate structures than you ever will - you think people on the factory floor see their CEOs and that the Leafs have 50 employees.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The fact that you believe that is hilarious.

But there's only 50 of them eh?

Can you say that again, but in English this time?

I said I deal with eejits, not that my students are eejits. Please learn how to read before responding any further.
1. Stupidest country I could think of where uou belong with croaks. You are obviously a ultra lefty, play race card when you are lost
2. Oh my 4 classes....ohnsorry you are do over worked. Maybe your absent bosses should set the tempo.
3.you are not educated, if you were you wouldn't say you cannot go any ,further skippy.
4. You said factory and you said factory floor. I said CEO and Pres set culture. It all starts at the top, a place I have been and you never will. Haha, 4 classes haha hahahaha

Don't worry, I will not respond skippy, 4 classes and you thinking academia is corporate, Love your p&l, balance sheets, stock holders, and hiding behind tenure.
The next time you call someone racist you better look in the mirror.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
1. Stupidest country I could think of where uou belong with croaks. You are obviously a ultra lefty, play race card when you are lost
2. Oh my 4 classes....ohnsorry you are do over worked. Maybe your absent bosses should set the tempo.
3.you are not educated, if you were you wouldn't say you cannot go any ,further skippy.
4. You said factory and you said factory floor. I said CEO and Pres set culture. It all starts at the top, a place I have been and you never will. Haha, 4 classes haha hahahaha

Don't worry, I will not respond skippy, 4 classes and you thinking academia is corporate, Love your p&l, balance sheets, stock holders, and hiding behind tenure.
The next time you call someone racist you better look in the mirror.

Ah, the arrogance of the ignorant.

You're special, and it is off to the ignore list you go.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I am the boss and I wouldn’t hire a top executive who lived in another country. Show me one other NHL team that allows that. Basic requirement. You live in the Country, Province and vicinity of where the team plays.
IIRC Burke didn't live in Calgary when he was the president of the Flames.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
No idea? These guys are all millionaires writing there own ticket, I'd think they live were they live, but, ya, I don't know. Don't see how it matters if you like the guy you are using, it's 2024.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Just so people know Shanny does live in Toronto. He did live part time in NY, but his main residence was in Toronto.

Also, he does not live in NY anymore

why this thread is not closed?

no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad