Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Mathurin, Niederbach, Bednar's rights set yo expire.

No one gets signed, right? Maybe Bednar for some ECHL depth, but that's it I feel.
Not that I really think it matters one way or the other, but why are we losing Mathurin's rights already? He was just drafted in 2022. What makes him different than Mehlenbacher, Ali, Plandowski, Savage, etc.?

(Or have we already signed/lost the rights to these guys?)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Not that I really think it matters one way or the other, but why are we losing Mathurin's rights already? He was just drafted in 2022. What makes him different than Mehlenbacher, Ali, Plandowski, Savage, etc.?

Different expiry dates for Euros and NCAA kids.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Wait. Henkka's polls said Edvinsson isn't a prospect anymore. Where does our pool rank without Ed?

Mathurin, Niederbach, Bednar's rights set yo expire.

No one gets signed, right? Maybe Bednar for some ECHL depth, but that's it I feel.
And Ryan O'Reilly, Sam Stange, and Cooper Moore are due by Aug 15. The former two are certainly gone, but I wonder if Cooper Moore has an outside chance at getting a contract.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Finally a somewhat informed prospect ranking. Though I'd personally have Buchelnikov above Buium (and maybe above Wallinder at this moment).
Informed in terms of where the Red Wings rank versus other teams or the Red Wings prospects themselves? I honestly didn't think either was that out of the ordinary (at least from the ones I've seen).

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Informed in terms of where the Red Wings rank versus other teams or the Red Wings prospects themselves? I honestly didn't think either was that out of the ordinary (at least from the ones I've seen).
The prospects themselves. I guess I just meant "more realistic". I've seen lists in the past that have random prospects included and other prospects left off...but I guess they're all just opinions either way you slice it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

CHL kids get 2 years post draft to be signed, 4 for college and Euro players, with some Euros having no limit (not sure why).

Reactions: izlez

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Finally a somewhat informed prospect ranking. Though I'd personally have Buchelnikov above Buium (and maybe above Wallinder at this moment).

You are overrating Buchelnikov.

His production at KHL is nothing special vs age comparables and that league level of competition is way down. Nothing compared in the past, because so many players left from there to other Euro leagues like Sweden or Switzerland.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
The only issue I find since my list is long, it appears a lot of people are talking to themselves. At least it removes a lot of the garbage.
I actually don't put anyone on ignore despite how often I tell people here to do it - I just do it with my eyes. I just assume they all shed that username like a layer of skin and make a new one. Are responses to their messages from users you don't ignore also hidden?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad