Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
He gets mentioned in the same sentence because he was the best D in the league this year.
Maybe West coast games are past your bedtime or you had homework to do?
Now get back under your bridge.
Hughes was amazing this year. People who watch 2 bad plays and judge a player based off of it are so common on here.

Another relevant example is Bouchard.

Reactions: Summer Rose

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I absolutely love the spot the Canucks are in. They have nothing to lose and are playing with house money.

Win or lose this series, the season will be looked at by the fan base as a huge success. They went from pre-season bubble team expectations to :

-winning the division
-producing a probable Jack Adams winner
-producing a probable Norris Winner
-3rd best regular season in franchise history
-Winning a playoff round

On the flip side, what happens if Oilers lose to a 3rd string backup Goalie?

You gotta think people will be losing their jobs(Holland etc..), they already fired their coach this season, The fanbase will come down hard on the likes of the supporting cast with RNH, Nurse Kane etc..... Another lost season in a cup window with Mcdavid and Drai becoming free agents in 1-2 years. They have alot on the line.
There's a big chance that this team's roster gets blown up if they lose this series.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Deeper middle six?

Seems more like Edmonton have substantially better top two lines, and Canucks have the edge on the third line.

Better blueline is pretty debatable. Hughes is in a class of his own, but Nurse, Ekholm, and Bouchard are far better than Vancouver's next best guy.

Better goaltending when healthy for sure.

Edmonton outscored Van in both the regular season and the playoffs so far at 5v5.

Oilers outscored Canucks by around 30 goals 5v5 in the back half of the season once Vancouver's shooting percentage normalized.
And the Oilers still ended up in 9th place.
A good lesson for the Oiler players and a few fans that the season is 82 games. Not half a season.
I thought the rest of your post was pretty balanced and fair.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Vancouver are the favourites no matter what other say. They ran their division from start to end and ran the year series.

Vancouver in 6 and IT WONT be an upset
So by that logic of and when edmonton wins it becomes an upset???

I already see the excuses starting with demko most likely out the entire series....

Last edited:
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Edmonton has two or three “viewing areas” around Rogers Place itself complete with beer stands, big TVs, and port-a-potty’s
yeah but oilers fans arent prone to tipping port-a-pottys and burning cop cars and smashing everything in sight so clearly you must see their hesitation

Vancouver are the favourites no matter what other say. They ran their division from start to end and ran the year series.

Vancouver in 6 and IT WONT be an upset
i wish the odds makers agreed with you cause id be taking the oilers on the + odds all day

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
yeah but oilers fans arent prone to tipping port-a-pottys and burning cop cars and smashing everything in sight so clearly you must see their hesitation

i wish the odds makers agreed with you cause id be taking the oilers on the + odds all day
Nucks in 6

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I guess he thinks the Canucks’ average of 0.17 goals against per game better than the Oilers, including the sweep, means the Oilers’ defensemen can’t skate backwards.

4th line wit, you could say.
I guess he thinks that a professional goalie wouldn’t know how to go post to post.
Amazing insight there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad