Proposal: Trade Juuse Saros

Trade Saros?

• Total voters

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I feel like maybe our biggest priority this offseason should be a true number 1 centre. O’Reilly surpassed my expectations last season but he’s not getting any younger and he is much better suited as second line centre. We have enough wingers really…

Imagine we can get Necas as our new number 1 centre. He just turned 25, he’s already put up over 70 points in a season and he’s a big body as well for a number 1 centre. I say this guy should be the target then if we really wanna move Saros while he has lots of value and go with askarov or whatever then I’m sure there are other playoff teams that would move us someone in a Saros deal. Does not have to be marner.

Imagine this though:

Forsberg Necas Nyquist
Novak O’Reilly Evangelista

And that’s with keeping Saros, we get necas with some of our plentiful picks and maybe Tomasino or whatever. The top six could get even sexier with a Saros trade… or we move Saros for a top pair defenseman… should be an exciting offseason either way!
There really isn’t to many center available in free agency or trade this year. No ones in line to trade there number 1 center. But that’s not to say trotz doesn’t have some options. As you posted we could trade for necas but as someone else posted he really never played center in the nhl. You would think that if he was good enough to play center he would have gotten the chance. If we traded for necas he could play center but more than likely he’ll be a winger. You have monahan, Stevenson, and lindholm as the only top 6 center available in free agency. I’m not sure any of them are a that much of upgrades on what we have though. If stamkos come available he’s the only one that would give you a top line center. Like oreilly before he came here he hasn’t played there in a couple of years but I’m sure he didn’t forget and he still a great point producer. Trotz could go the offer sheet route but I doubt he will. If he’s willing byfield, Beniers or Lundell would be options but the chances on those teams not matching is slim. You could trade for an upcoming center but who knows what you’ll have to trade or if that team will even trade them. Wingers on the other hand has a lot of top notch players and there are some real good defenseman. Center maybe the biggest need but getting top notch winger and a defenseman might be the only option

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Supposedly Zegras and Necas are available. Both of them have issues that I think Brunnete will not like.

I like the idea of offersheeting Beniers but seattle as all sorts of capspace.

Byfield would be interesting and LA is tighter on the cap if they want to keep their team together.

Lundell would be interesting as well and the Panthers will have a hard time matching if they want to keep Tarasenko, Reinhart, Montour.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
But necas isn't a center (or atleast hasn't been one at the NHL level) and honestly he just reminds me of a more talented version of Novak. Not sure that's the kind of center Brunette would want considering he just gave Novak 4th line minutes in the playoffs
Well, Necas is a little stronger on the puck than "Pool Noodle" Novak. Admittedly that's not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad